stop with the annoying renewal offer desktop popups

DW1975

I still have almost 60 days until my current pro license expires but for the past few weeks I have been getting annoying popups every few days on my desktop to renew my ccleaner pro license. Is there any way to shut this annoying thing off.

I'm not sure if anyone at Piriform reads the community forum messages but if they do here's an FYI - this popup is an annoyance and does absolutely nothing to entice me to renew my license. If anything its pi$$ing me off to the point where I'm considering uninstalling the software and finding an alternative.

• 2 weeks later...

Too damned right. It would be fine if there was a license reminder in CCleaner itself - but the damned popup is pretty much malware. I don't need it, don't want it.

But here is the thing - I decided to renew, and the cost of adding defraggler, speccy etc was zero. So it was a Ccleaner Pro license renewal, plus defraggler etc.

But the damned popup still says to renew CCleaner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Ccleaner license had better damned well auto renew in 26 days time, or I will descend on Piriform like the wrath of God.

Thing is that it is a pretty good product. They do not need to use malware marketing popups that piss people off.

Guest johnccleaner

@GrumpyOldGuy Please note that you ordered a different product (CCleaner Professional Plus, from the sounds of it) and so you were given a new license key - you'll need to register your new license details in CCleaner in order for it to know that you've renewed. The old license key is, correctly, still nearing expiration. If you have any trouble with this, please get in touch with our support team via our Contact Us form located here: https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or by emailing support@ccleaner.com

@DW1975 We've found (and truth be told, I'm quite guilty of this myself!) that it's all too easy for a single prompt to get 'lost' - for instance, it comes up, you're working on something else, and so you close it with the intention of 'I'll deal with this later', then it slips the mind entirely. So have an infrequent notice is the compromise we've decided on to try to prevent that from happening, without unduly bothering our users either. I'm sorry to hear that you do not agree with that compromise, and I will be happy to let our marketing team know about your dissatisfaction.

On 22/06/2021 at 07:03, johnccleaner said:

@DW1975 We've found (and truth be told, I'm quite guilty of this myself!) that it's all too easy for a single prompt to get 'lost' - for instance, it comes up, you're working on something else, and so you close it with the intention of 'I'll deal with this later', then it slips the mind entirely. So have an infrequent notice is the compromise we've decided on to try to prevent that from happening, without unduly bothering our users either. I'm sorry to hear that you do not agree with that compromise, and I will be happy to let our marketing team know about your dissatisfaction.

I probably wouldn't have minded if I got one or two reminders a week or two before my license expired. But as I stated these annoying popups and emails started with 8 weeks remaining and I have been getting them every week since so I would disagree that it's an infrequent notice. In my opinion piriform is spamming my desktop and email inbox and so I've decided not to renew and to let my ccleaner license expire. Tell your marketing team that their compromise cost them a paying customer.

• 3 months later...

I've got the same problem, I hate being annoyed on my own computer. If the smart whizbangs at the programming desks can't come up with a fix, and fast...  well pwcleantech said it as well as it can be said... "Goodbye, CCleaner"

I dunno what the "marketing team" is thinking but I'll be happy to talk with them. Putting malware on my computer isn't a smart decision and is going to cost you more customers than you gain because you are annoying *existing users* - where do those idiots think *new* customers are going to come from - maybe the bit bucket:

• Admin
9 hours ago, Gunner The Original said:

If the smart whizbangs at the programming desks can't come up with a fix, and fast

About a year ago we added this option in CCleaner, which can be unchecked:

Options > Privacy > Offers > See possible upgrades and offers for our other products by sharing app-usage data with us

Strictly speaking, CCleaner isn't collecting any individual app-usage data anyway, but we have been using this flag to suppress offers for free users (that would otherwise pop up occasionally when there is a sale on), and in recent months to reduce (although not completely eliminate) the number of renewal reminders for paid users coming up to expiry.  Of course, that has simply swapped out the "why are you popping up with a renewal discount?" complaints with "why didn't I get a discount?" and "why didn't you tell me that my licence was expiring" complaints instead - but the option is there.  

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes