CCleaner Browser AD blocking issues

When I first used CCleaner browser, it successfully blocked the ads that appeared in my Outlook email page and, to my delight, removed the ads in commercial TV programmes when streaming these through my computer and onto my television. Now it appears not to doing either even though I have turned on STRICT ad blocking. Maybe I have some other settings which are wrong?

Billthepeach

Guest johnccleaner

It's more likely that has changed in how the ads are being displayed; it's a constant 'arms race' between advertisers and ad-blocking services, as the advertisers would really rather that their offerings not be blocked, thank you very much. :) 

I'll be happy to let our developers know about the Outlook.com ads, and if you'd be kind enough to let me know (either here or via private message) about the streaming services you mention, I'll pass that information along as well so that it can be looked into further.

Oh dear Ad blocker has stopped working on Drama (UKTVplay) and ITV Hub streaming. Last week (Thurs 27th May) we watched a Drama channel programme from start to finish with NO adverts. This week no such luck; and last night no luck either with ITV Hub. Plus I've started get ads again in my Outlook account. IS there anything else I can do my end?

Guest johnccleaner

You can visit chrome-extension://nglfcanhknmhkeplcoinadjlecfmcgoa/extra/options.html or go to the Security & Privacy Center > click Adblock > click Settings, then increase the level of blocking (unless you're already on Strict); please note, however, that the higher the level of blocking used, the more likely it is for sites not to work properly because something essential to their functioning is blocked.

Beyond that, about the only other suggestion I could make would be to visit the Chrome Web Store at: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/extensions and install a third-party adblocking extension that meets your needs. (You may want to first disable the built-in adblocking first to reduce the chances of problems or conflicts.)

I'll be happy to let our development team know what you found so it can be looked at on our side.