Duplicate File Finder

rjlocal22

I see so many duplicates that are too many to process. I see nothing on the page to allow me to delete all of them at once. I would have to check off each one individually. It would take me hours to perform this.

I also have another duplicate file finder program and it finds no duplicates. Does anyone have an idea of what is going on?

• Moderators

I suspect that most of what you are seeing are system files and application files that do need to be duplicated for things to work properly.

You can tell Duplicate Finder to ignore system files which should exclude most of what you are seeing, but it may still show duplicates of application files.
The other duplicate finder is probably already set to ignore the system files which is why it's not showing any.

You are best using the ADD button to specify what location to look in and what filetypes to look for.
Typically that would be things like .doc, .png, .mp4, etc. files - things that you have put there yourself.

So if you think you may have duplicates of a photograph for instance you would tell it to look for .jpg files (or whatever format you save your photos in).

It only lets you delete one entry at once for safety, plus of course CCleaner can't know which one of a duplicate to keep - only you can decide that.
If you could delete everything at once then you could really mess your computer up by deleting needed system file duplicates.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043