I used optimize on my PC HDD please help

Psych

(Full problem) My computer was being very slow, I initially though windows Update and stuff so I left it, but it continued for days,so I opened task manger and monitored in between my work, even for extended periods of time the disk usage(HDD) is always at >90%, no matter the number of tasks or the disk transfer rate. I read online that defragging would solve the issue, so I ran the windows defragger and the usage really went down. I also came across suggestions to use defraggler piriform(I always use ccleaner but I never knew this existed).so I thought I should use that too. 

(Please read this) Here I made a big mistake after analysing in piriform defraggler I also ran optimize, I later came across the defraggler doc which goes "optimize is for SSD". My computer uses HDD. What should I do now, it's been stuck at optimizing(83%). And my PC  disk usage is at 100% again. I am afraid my HDD will fail. Please tell me what should I do?. Should I cancel the optimize? and just run defrag?. 

IMG_20210522_223057 (1).jpg

• Moderators

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Nergal locked this topic