For a paid-licensed product, can I redownload and install on the same machine?

Hi,

I upgrade my mom's machine to Windows 10. She rarely uses the computer.

I'm remiss, regardless, in not upgrading the OS, but finally have the time. I installed CC Cleaner and some other stuff to keep her safe, but now the OS needs doing.

Does CC cleaner recognize her machine as a paid-license install or do I have to pay again for a new install when I upgrade to Windows 10.

• Moderators

If you are using 'Check For Updates' or the 'Update Assistant' to do the update then they should keep your CCleaner installed as it is.

If instead you have installed Win 10 from media so lost your installed CCleaner then you can download/install CCleaner Free and re-register it using your existing valid key.
If you can't remember your registered name/key you can get them from Options>About>License Information before upgrading the OS.

Remember though that most CCleaner keys are valid for a year, so if it's been a while the key may have expired anyway.
Again Options>About>License Information should tell you if that's the case, or what the expiry date is if it's still valid.

Options>About>Upgrade to Pro then enter your existing valid key and click on Register.
image.png

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043