icon in system tray missing ccleaner

hi i just got the update to ccleaner 5.79.8704 and now the ccleaner icon is missing from the system tray. also, in windows 10 ccleaner is missing from the notification area for me to add it to the system tray. i don't want ccleaner to run at startup or automatically, but i do want the icon to show in the system tray. if possible how? thanks.

Edited by moderation
would like to add follow topic, but can't seem to see the option.

• Moderators

The icon in the System Tray can be put there by Windows for two reasons:

1. If you are using Smart Cleaning
  2. It you have CCleaner set to update automatically.

It may also be put there if you have 'Minimise to system Tray' set in Options>Advanced; but that's really for old Windiws versions (Vista/XP).

Running at startup just runs a clean when you turn on your computer, it doesn't leave an icon in the System Tray but you may see a flashing icon there for a few seconds.

If you want a CCleaner icon that you can click quickly then I suggest that you 'Pin' CCleaner to the taskbar.
In File Explorer go to 'C:\Program Files\CCleaner and right-click on CCleaner64.exe
In the menu that pops up select 'Pin to Taskbar' and you will get an icon like this that will launch CCleaner with just one click:
image.png

PS. Could you please re-register with a different username if you want to make posts in future.
I'm sure that you are not trying to pretend to be a moderator, but it may confuse others.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

No problem, but please re-register with a more appropriate username.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043