Slack cache - v5.79.8704

crizal

No shame in asking a question.  So, I hope a kind soul can educate me.  The newest version of CCleaner, 5.79.8704, offers cleaning of Slack cache (optional setting).  What is Slack cache and where do I find the optional setting?  As I'm constantly learning, thanks in advance for the information.  

@hazelnut    I kind of suspected it was an app of some sort and since I don't have it, no setting.  Now that you confirmed this, I will not have to slap myself with a wet noodle.  Thanks again and stay safe!

• Admin

Slack is a popular team collaboration app, which has seen even more use in the past year from people working from home.  It is similar in function to Microsoft Teams, but Slack as been around longer.  

We use it ourselves in CCleaner.  And this new Slack cleaning rule just cleared a LOT of space.

image.png

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

Thanks for asking Crizal, I found this thread wondering the exact same questions you had!

And thanks hazelnut and Dave for your replies. I started to dismiss the Slack site - maybe I'll take a 2nd look. Especially if Slack can do ad-hoc remote control.