Iolo Byepass and CCleaner Browser

Planar

Hi,

Hi,
I have just installed the browser fromCcleaner on my Windows 10 computer.

It is based on Chrome, so I thought that I would be able to install the ByePass pasword manager on to it.  I cannot find a way of doing that. I have looked in the Chrome extensions page but cannot find ByePass and a search does not find it.

I have opened System Mechanic which includes ByePass tells me that I have it installed in Firefox and Chrome but gives me no option to install in Ccleaner.

I also have it installed in Microsoft Edge but System Mechanic does not mention that on my dashboard.

I do hope that you can help me on this Byepass contains all my passwords.

Thanks,

John

Guest johnccleaner

At this time, the only way for a user to add extensions to CCleaner Browser is via the Chrome Web Store.

Unfortunately, I don't see any Iolo extensions on the Chrome Web Store (as shown in this example search: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/iolo ) so, unless Iolo either chooses to support CCleaner Browser to install the extension directly (like they would for Google Chrome), or to add their extension to the Chrome Web Store, their extension(s) cannot be used with CCleaner Browser.

Hi John,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I understand.

For the moment, I can look up my passwords in ByePass in Firefox and then use them in Ccleaner and the built in password rememberer will save them..

I will take it up with Iolo and check every so often in Ccleaner.

All the best,

John

Guest johnccleaner

It's really in Iolo's hands entirely; it's not feasible for us to run an extension 'store' of our own (plus, Iolo would still need to publish on said store even if we offered it), and it's entirely up to them whether they choose to implement an installation procedure for CCleaner Browser as they have for other browsers like Google Chrome. 

(For what it's worth, I can say I personally use LastPass and it works quite nicely with CCleaner Browser as well as Firefox. :) It's also on the Chrome Web Store, which is how I added it to CCleaner Browser. I know changing may not be feasible for you, but figured I'd mention, anyway.)