LOSE GOOGLE

DIMOJABE

Dear Piriform Owners/Managers:

Please, if there was ever a time to lose affiliations wtih Google/Alphabet, Inc. - it is now.  Big Tech is destroying every aspect of our lives down to the weed level.  Google needs to GO.  I have asked the same thing of Mozilla/Firefox - a browser that was destroyed by Google several years back (ex. Lightbeam tracker was de-functioned and made almost unuseable).  I find search censorship and suppression everywhere I look - and even the so-called "private" browsers (DuckDuckGo and StartPage/Ixquick) have contractual arrangements to hook into Google's censored search engine algorithms and AI.  Google is doing it's utmost to destroy the spirit of the Internet - for which it needs to be prosecuted into the ground.

I am posting this because there was a Google promo in the last download.  At least Piriform didn't make me un-click an automatic download like Adobe.  But I was really unhappy to see that Piriform is that integrated into Google directly.  Google is evil and cannot be trusted to respect anyone's privacy.  Therefore, ipso facto, Piriform might also be suspect.  Guilt by association - with possibly who knows what getting downloaded onto our machines every time we run CCleaner.

Abracoz! Dimojabe

• Moderators
12 hours ago, DIMOJABE said:

I am posting this because there was a Google promo in the last download.  At least Piriform didn't make me un-click an automatic download like Adobe.  But I was really unhappy to see that Piriform is that integrated into Google directly. 

CCleaner is not 'integrated' into Google, neither is any other Piriform product.

What you saw is simply an advert/offer for Google Chrome that is included in the Standard installer.
At other times the installer will advertise/offer different things, there are 4 or 5 different products advertised/offered on a random basis.
If someone downloads/installs one of those offers then Piriform gets paid a little bit.

As you see with Adobe it's fairly standard practice and many use such adverts/offers as a way of making a little bit of money, (to help fund free software), although they should make it a clear choice.

That doesn't mean that they are in any affiliated with whatever they are advertising/offering.
Although they do often offer their own, paid for, products. (eg. Piriform is part of Avast so the installer will advertise/offer other Avast products).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043