CCleaner Community Forums

Important message to CCleaner for Mac users

To my fellow Mac OS users,

I am writing this to urge youto stop using CCleaner for Mac. This is not because it's a bad product as it's a great product in my opinion. No, this is because the team behind AVAST CCleaner could care less about its Mac OS product nor the Mac users that continue to advocate it despite the lack of courtesy or acknowledgement we receive in return.

I am writing this on March 27, 2021, nearly 6 months since CCMac 1.8.30 was released back in October 2020. Since then, the CCleaner team has released 8 new updates to it's CCleaner for Windows software. Yes, despite your countless posts to this community and social media begging and pleading for a fix, all you've received are a handful of dismissive responses and absolutely no efforts to address nor resolve the issue.

The  latest response was from @Dave CCleaner on March 24, 2021:

We do seem to have the majority of our Mac users on the BigSur and CCmac 1.18.30 using it without major issues.

What doesn't seem to sink in for @Dave CCleaner and the other admins is this: If users are coming to you to report a problem, that means there IS a problem. Clearly they could care less for loyal Mac users, which is why I urge all of you to look towards some strong alternatives which are equal, if not superior, to CCleaner for Mac:

• [Advertisement redacted]

Please note that I am a longtime user of CCleaner, both as a PC user and later Mac. But even the best products are useless without support for its users. I have tested all the listed alternatives and can personally vouch for each one. So join me in saying goodbye to CCleaner as they continue to bring new malware to their Windows software (and before this post gets deleted).

Sincerely,

Carrie

Edited by Dave CCleaner
not the place for advertising

I, too, have been a long time user of ccleaner for Mac, but the latest version won't launch on my computer (10.15.7).  It sits in the dock but doesn't open.

I use Onyx, instead.  

I tried iBoostUp for Mac, and found that it does what I can do manually without it.  Also, all the reviews seem to be 6-9 years old, so I'm guessing not many new people are using it?

As for the others you list, I don't want to pay for a cleaning tool.

• Admin

Piriform remains committed to CCleaner across the Windows, Android and Mac platforms.  Indeed we have recently brought on additional developers to focus on the development of a major Mac release - CCleaner for Mac 2.0. (Expect to see a beta announcement in the coming months.)

On 27/03/2021 at 07:05, timfea926 said:

If users are coming to you to report a problem, that means there IS a problem

While the majority of CCleaner for Mac users are continuing to use it without incident on Catalina and BigSur, there are indications that a small percentage (<1%) of users seem to be having some issues relating to their individual system configurations - yes, they are having a problem.

As with any other rarely-occurring issues with any software, in order for us to replicate and diagnose the nature of the issue we need feedback from impacted users with as much information as possible: product and OS versions being used, firewall and AV software that are on the computer, what system changes were made when the problems started, etc.  While we are eager to help and to make our products useful to everyone, if we are given nothing to go on for investigations, attention is always going to be on developing the product to meet the needs of the majority of users.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Defraggler - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup

To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have a problem with CCleaner on Mac Catalina. The program no longer opens. The wheel turns and nothing happens. What should I do? I specify that the program is updated to the latest version. Thanks for your help