Trouble closing notifications

thenne

Very long time user... well, used to be. For the last couple months CCleaner reminders can't be removed. I can't cancel nor delete the update prompt without using task manager. This is very wrong, beyond annoying, and will lose customers. If you don't want non-paying accounts, then keep up the good work. 

• Admin

Needing to use task manager to close a notification seems a trifle excessive.

Could you be more specific with regards to what reminders these are?  Whether most notifications are displayed or not is configurable within CCleaner itself.  And the notifications themselves would either have an X in the right-hand corner or a "no thanks", "remind me later", "skip to continue" or similar depending on whether it is a notification sent through windows, or a screen when you are in CCleaner itself.

For example, the browser cleaning alerts will appear if you have set CCleaner to notify you when a browser has been closed so that you can select what action to take (or hit the X to close the window and do something about it next time).

image.png

This is configured in Options > Smart Cleaning.  Here you can see that I have to set to prompt to select what action to take for each browser.  I can also set this to a number of other settings for each browser (to clean with or without notification, disable notification, etc)

image.png

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

• Dave CCleaner changed the title to Trouble closing notifications