A bit of Ewido isn't working

hazelnut

• Moderators

I have the paid for version of Ewido4. If you open it up and look under analysis, there is a processes tab. When I open this there is nothing listed. Does anyone else have this happen?

If I open the prog in safe mode however the processes are listed. (Thanks Andy for that hint)

I have ruled out Defender as my daughter has the same problem with Ewido on her comp and she doesn't have Defender. I have uninstalled, re downloaded, re- booted, turned off e-trust, used ccleaner.

Ewido thought it might be to do with bluetooth I had installed but I've uninstalled that and still no joy. They say they are still looking into the problem. In all other respects Ewido works correctly.

Any ideas anyone?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

...also along with upgrading to the newest version indicated by Tarun which is what I'd try first, are you trying to view the running processes under an Admin account or Limited access account? Although I see no real reason why that would be the problem but who really knows even if the developers of the application are seemly have to look into the problem.

The only other thing I can think of and have no ideal if it's even a proper suggestion would be to use regsvr32.exe on the .dll and .sys files in the folder Ewido is installed into, e.g.;

Can be used via Start->Run, or in a batch file, or command prompt:

regsvr32 "%programfiles%\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\context.dll"regsvr32 "%programfiles%\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\engine.dll"regsvr32 "%programfiles%\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.sys"regsvr32 "%programfiles%\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\help.dll"regsvr32 "%programfiles%\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\shellexecutehook.dll"

• Moderators

Tarun

Have just installed that updated version at Ewido's suggestion but still no joy. Also sent a hjt log at their request. No nasties.

Andavari,

Admin account. Your idea of that the regsvr32.exe, what would that do?

Also how would I do it, I'm not a batch fiend like you!

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Also how would I do it, I'm not a batch fiend like you!

Exactly as JohnDemolition stated via Start->Run.

Edit:

It's actually must faster via a batch file though. You'd just copy the code into an empty Notepad window than save it to the desktop as (including the quotes): "go.bat"

then run go.bat, and finally delete the go.bat file when done.

I do know at least two of the files can't be registered, well at least they can't on my system.

• Moderators

Thanks for the instructions Andavari, still no processes listed, but it was worth a try. As you said some of them did not register.

I just cannot think what I have on my system that could be stopping it from showing. I don't suppose Erunt's automatic daily backup would make it happen? (Just clutching at straws now)

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

are you sure they are running?

also, you could check for any errors at,

start>settings>control pannel>administrative tools>event viewer.

-aAron

• Moderators

I don't suppose Erunt's automatic daily backup would make it happen?

I honestly don't think Erunt would be responsible for it. I would however think it's either an Ewido problem, or a Windows problem, or both combined.

Checking the Event Viewer Log as Aaron stated is a good ideal!

Also something else to try is to right click the Ewido icon next to the clock and exit it, then open the Ewido program files folder and right click ewido.exe and select "Run as" and choose Administrator (that is if it lets you do that), and see if it lists the processes.

If it were me I would go as far as creating a new Admin user profile to install Ewido on since it could be something wrong with your user profile. Then run Ewido on that new Admin profile to see if it lists the processes, if Ewido still doesn't list the processes you can delete that new Admin profile.

Edit:

I am also wondering if DJLizard's Dial-a-Fix may have some sort of repair function for this if it's a related Windows problem.

• Moderators

Running processes are working now!!

Just had an e-mail from Ewido asking me to right click on the ewido icon in the taskbar and choose exit, then open up Ewido again, and it worked.

Obviously as you suspected Andavari it was a fault in the program which I am sure they will now fix.

Thanks to all who offered advice on this.

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com