Aggravating Problem

I am trying to activate my new license and it keeps telling me that the name I entered is not the same as the one in the email. IT IS THE SAME!!! EXACTLY THE SAME!!!! I ENTERED IT THREE TIMES EXACTLY THE SAME AS IN THE EMAIL AND THE SAME CRAP. FIX YOUR DAMN COMPUTER SO I CAN GET WHAT I PAID FOR. AND COME UP WITH SOME WAY TO ACTUALLY REACH A PERSON: CHAT, TEXT, PHONE.

• Moderators

We get such a complaint about registering now and again. (It's always turned out to be a mistake the user is making).

If there was something wrong with the registration server then we would get hundreds of such complaints at once, not just the odd one now and again.

The most common mistake we see is mixing up number and letters in the key. eg 5 & S,  8 and B.

The second most common mistake we see is that the user has misspelled their own name when registering - check carefully on the confirmation email that your name is spelled correctly. If it is spelled wrong then you will have to enter it exactly as it is on the confirmation email.
Copy/pase it from the email into the registration box.
Be careful when you are copy/pasting from the email to check that you don't have a blank space before or after the name (or the key if you are copying that).

We also occasionally see users trying to put their email address (or forum username) into the registration box instead of the name that they registered and which is confirmed on the email.

See this about registering your CCleaner, and suggestions what to do if you get an error:
https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/articles/204043844-How-to-register-and-activate-CCleaner-Professional#if-you-get-an-error-saying-that-your-license-key-is-not-valid--0-9

If you are stil having problems thne contact support by email from the email address that you used when purchasing CCleaner. (If you can't use the same address then you will need to tell them what email address you used when registering).
email to: support@ccleaner.com

For your security and privacy you should not give any details of your personal email or licence key on this open forum where anyone could see it.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Admin
8 hours ago, Aggravated Customer said:

I am trying to activate my new license and it keeps telling me that the name I entered is not the same as the one in the email

Although that error message opens with "The name you have entered does not match your licence key" the rest of the text ("Please re-enter the name exactly as it was submitting at the time of purchase" gives the suggestion that the issue is with entering the name incorrectly - which can lead people down a rabbit hole of trying to retype their name when the issue is often that there is a mismatch with the licence key (typing a "1" instead of an "I", S/5, Z/2, A/4, etc).  As per the link helpfully provided above, copy/pasting is strongly recommended.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

Okay, I got it done. I suspect the the root of the problem was that for some reason the registration page was malfunctioning yesterday for me. I say this because I could not Copy and Paste from the email. I tried three times (went to the registration page three separate times) and it would not let me paste so I had to enter the code and my name three times manually. I double checked the spelling of my name repeatedly but it always came back that the name was wrong. Today, it let me Copy and Paste and that was the end of the problem. Thanks for the response. Sorry if I was brusk but I was very careful about what I entered.