CCleaner Community Forums

Chrome pages slow to open -- or disappear -- with Kamo installed

Couldn't find this specific issue in here, thought I'd post it and maybe get an answer.

Re-upped my subscription to CCleaner the other day, took advantage of the option to add Speccy / Defraggler / Kamo to test drive them.

Since installing all of them, pages in Chrome have been very slow to open. I have Chrome open with a half-dozen tabs... and it takes forever to open them now. Same holds true for new tabs I open with other programs.

I've tried whitelisting the main ones in the Kamo Settings menu, no effect.

And, for some reason, I cannot get newegg.com to display at all. The page loads... displays for a couple of seconds... and then goes blank.

I uninstalled Kamo, and the problems disappeared. How can I get the best of both worlds -- Kamo to help protect my online presence, but still be able to have web pages load quickly / at all. 

Any help is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

That's reassuring, db702. Good to know it wasn't a hallucination.

Contacted their support, got pretty much no help. "Are you using a VPN? No?  Must be some extension, then..."

Was hoping their support might know something... or at least want to work with me on finding a solution."

• 3 weeks later...
  • Admin

Hi. I was able to replicate this problem with Newegg.com, even when configuring the "Allow" option under the "Anti-tracking > Website tracking" feature of Kamo, and when adding Newegg.com to the "Whitelisted websites" area of the program; I've reported this issue to our development team so they can work on getting this resolved.

@bemused59 As Kamo does its work to intercept tracking attempts and change the attributes, it typically has an imperceptible impact on speed. However, pages that are running a significant amount of trackers may have a noticeable slower load times — usually not to the detriment of web usability or experience, but it can be noticed.

One of our senior support agents would be happy to investigate further and/or provide some additional suggestions; do they have permission to contact you via email, using the same address that is registered to your forums account?