Ccleaner Boot up scan vs Google account removal

lethal42

Hi,

I run the free version most times I shut down.

Every so often (3 times in last 12 months), I lose the google list off accounts I have as my home page in chrome.

Lastpass usually gets this back.

The last time this occured I also lost the previously retained Master Password (in Lastpass).

I was able to work thru this...

However in pursuing the reason why the google account (list) disappears every so often (not regularly), I visited the Google forum.

They suggested it could indeed be ccleaner removing this, and I could possibly:

1/ add exceptions or similar to ccleaner, or

Forget the scan at shut down, and do/set up a ccleaner boot scan (which may be more thorough).

I know little about EITHER option or how to achieve them.

If someone could shed some light/clarification, that would be much appreciated,

regards

• Moderators

I'm not sure what you are meaning by "I lose the google list off accounts"?
Do you mean that you are being logged out of websites?

Can you tell us if you are using Health Check or Custom Clean in CCleaner?
And it always helps it you tell us your Windows version and which antivirus you use.

How often are you running CCleaner?
If running CCleaner doesn't normally cause a problem then it wouldn't suddenly do something different (unless you told it to).

CCleaner would not touch Lastpass.
If something is deleteing your Lastpass master password then you may have a bigger problem.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Hi nukecad, Apols for the lack of clarity and info.

I am running ccleaner most days & generally use 'health check'.

I am running win 10, I5 3300 & 16GB  RAM.

Lastpass master password doesnt always disappear, how this list of google account is a real annoyance....espec given its irregularity.

I have attached an old and use screen print of the google accounts list I mentioned above.

Looking forward to further advises.

regards

Lethal42

google account list.png

• Moderators

As you are running only CCleaner's Health Check almost everyday we can rule out that CCleaner is causing your problem.

It will clean the same things everytime that you run it.
It wouldn't suddenly do something different every three or four months. (Unless you suddenly run the reg cleaner or something else).

Those Google accounts are not something that CCleaner Health Check would remove, and it certainly wouldn't remove Lastpass passwords.

It's the Lastpass problem that is the more worrying here, from a security point of view..

Sorry, but I don't know what is causing your google account list and Lastpass passwords to be removed.
But you can be pretty sure that it isn't CCleaner that is doing it.

My best advice is to have your machine checked over for free by an expert.
We are not allowed to do that here but we can point you to where to get it done, they mainly help to remove malware and viruses but do check for other problems as well.
See section 10 of the forum rules here for six websites who will check your machine for you and fix any problems, just follow their instructions to the letter:
https://community.ccleaner.com/announcement/15-forum-rules%20/
The guys and gals who do this work usually work on more than one of those sites so which you use is up to you.

Your machine may well be clean of malware, but when strange things are happening it's a good idea to have it checked over.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043