Ccleaner will not start

CherylJ

My work computer recently stopped working, and I got a new computer.    I had purchased ccleaner through work for my previous computer and loved it.

I installed ccleaner on my new computer, and it will not start.   No UI of any type ever appears when I tried to start it, so I have had no way to enter my license ID.

I also tried starting it with the /debug option from a command line, and it simply returned to the command prompt with no message at all and no log file was created.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the software with the same result.    I have no idea what to do next.   Any suggestions?

• Moderators

what antivirus is installed on the new computer.  Because you have bought ccleaner you may still be eligible for priority support from support@ccleaner.com which might be a better source of aid than fellow users.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

It sounds as if it's being blocked by an AntiVirus or firewall.

You say this is a work computer, and that you "purchased CCleaner through work".

Is this a works networked computer connected to a server, do you have an IT department?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043