Unable to uninstall ccleaner because of NSIS error: "Error launching installer"

Sikev

Hello guys.

I am running on windows 10 64 bits and ccleaner free version v5.76.8296 (64-bit)

I tried to uninstall it with many ways:

1)Using windows itself (Add or remove programs)

2)Using ccleaner itself

3)Using geek uninstaller

4)Using revo uninstaller

5)Using the uninst application in file explorer  (the app to uninstall ccleaner)

6)Redownload another same version of ccleaner then uninstall

7)Uninstall in safe mode

All 6 ways below doesn't work, still shows the error.

(I don't have any restore points so using system restore is useless)

So is there any other way to uninstall ccleaner? (if there is please provide instructions)

Capture.PNG

Edited by Sikev
Remembered few things I have tried

• Moderators

Have you tried installing an earlier version of CCleaner over the top and seeing if that will uninstall it?

Did you try installing the Slim Build over the top?

(I  think you mean 5.76.8269)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

if i remember correctly yes i have install the slim version

about the earlier version, i tried 5.14 but it seems that my pc shows a box that says i need to use the latest version of it.

might as well as reset my pc, i resetted it this morning so it wouldn't hurt to uninstall ccleaner by doing this (but i wonder does resetting my pc uninstalls ccleaner?)

Edited by Sikev

• Moderators

It's a bit drastic to reset your PC - I'm assuming you mean to start fresh again with a clean install of Windows, I wouldn't do that just to get rid of CCleaner.

Make sure there's no CCleaner processes running when attempting to uninstall, and if you still can't uninstall it there's always a manual uninstall method which you could get away with doing since it isn't hooked deep into the system like a driver, etc. Manual uninstall simply details just deleting it, and if you know your way around the Windows registry you could also manually delete the CCleaner settings in there too or just leave them if you're not comfortable editing the registry.

Unfortunately i have already reset my pc. But ccleaner no longer exists on my laptop (search in apps & features, search bar and can't find it) so what's done is done. The problem is resolved, but I appreciate the effort to help.