Registry cleaner not deleting

glimmare

Thanks for the quick answer. Have been using Registry Scan/Cleaner for years on Win7 without problems. I now understand NOT to use it for Win 10.  Can I still delete Registry entries for NON Windows entries ( ie leftovers from SW installations)? Or shall I stay away totally?

• Moderators
2 hours ago, glimmare said:

Can I still delete Registry entries for NON Windows entries ( ie leftovers from SW installations)? Or shall I stay away totally?

I personally do just that on Win10, but I leave anything that points to the OS specifically in C:\Windows alone.

• Moderators

That should be safe enough, it's one of the things that reg cleaners are meant to be used for.

Again it's not really necessary, (but we all like a 'clean' computer).

PS. With Windows 10 those leftovers should eventually get removed anyway, either at the monthly Patch Tuesday or more likely at the bi-anual Feature (version) Updates.
Those are also the times when you'll most often see new system entries that the reg cleaner doesn't recognise, although other smaller updates can also change the registry.
It's those regular changes that make it unwise to use a reg cleaner indiscriminately with Win 10.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043