Recommendation needed: software to create index of long list of mp3 music files

cazboy

I have an extensive collection of mp3 files, likely in the thousands. I would like a way to create a list, sorted by (1) genre, (2) artist, (3) album name, and finally (4) song title. For example, one such genre I have a lot of is blues music. But... under the blues category, I have songs by many artists. Each artist might have several or many albums.

I'd like to be able to create such a list and then print it out. It's going to be a LONG list no matter what, but to keep it as short as possible I'd like to be able to customize the grouping & sorting so as to eliminate as much repetition as possible. That is to say, the name of each file doesn't need to be preceded by the genre/artist/album name. Those should only be category headers.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Freeware or paid software is okay, as long as it does what I need.

• Moderators

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Thank you for your suggestions. I'll give both of those a good look next time I get time. Much appreciated!