Not Responding and Stalls

Dechief4

I'm running Mac OS version 1o.15.7 with CCLeaner version 1.18.30.  I've been experiencing  these errors/situations for quite a while and have finally gotten frustrated enough to say something here in the hope it will be fixed.  

As I write, the not unusual situations are:
1) I started the program to do a clean over 6 hours ago and while activity monitor does not show the program 'not responding' (and every so often the CPU does 'something' for the app), it has remained at 0% completion for that time.
2) The CCleanerHelper app is 'not responding' after I clicked on it in the status bar.

These errors are on top of the install error I receive every time I think 'Hey! Let's uninstalll and reinstall to see if that will fix it'... ('the image is corrupted, please move to trash').

When is Piriform going to fix/update this program to address these issues?  It seems y'all are perfectly fine to continue to charge us annual licensing fees for a program that doesn't work, but not actually address the issues (yes, that is frustration talking...).

Thanks...

• Moderators

We don't have many Mac users on this user forum.

As you have a paid licence then you may be best contacting support with your problem, after all you are paying for support.

email them at support@ccleaner.com

It's best to email from the address you used to purchase/register CCleaner, but if you can't do that then let them know what that email address was and/or you licence number.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

@nukecad Well, unfortunately, reaching out to Piriform seems to have been an exercise in futility.  I sent the email on February 3, got a response from Level 1 support on February 5 saying they were sorry I was having issues and were escalating it to '2nd line support' support.  After that, bupkis.  Frustration continues.  Sigh.

I'm thinking I need to borrow some of your whisky (or 'whiskey', as us Yanks spell).  LOL...

• Moderators

It's only been 5 days since they said they escalated it but, @Dave CCleaner could you check on this support ticket please?

PS. Scotch Whisky (double distilled) doesn't have an 'e'.
Whiskey with an 'e' is the Irish (triple distilled) , nothing wrong with Irish whiskey.
Bourbon whiskey also uses an 'e'. (Irish migrant influence?)
Japanese whisky could be spelt either way depending on who translated it from where.

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Thanks for the reply and the lesson on Whisky/whiskey.

Not sure of the etymology for our spelling of whiskey, but thought you might find this interesting:

American whiskey comes in many forms. Bourbon, the most recognized type of American whiskey, can be produced only in the United States, but—contrary to popular belief—does not have to be produced in Kentucky, though most of it is. Tennessee whiskey, however, must be made in Tennessee.

Rye whiskey, on the other hand, doesn’t necessarily have to be made in the United States; it’s also widely produced in Canada (see Instant Expert: Canadian Whisky for more information), and elsewhere. Rye that’s made in America is American whiskey, but rye made elsewhere is not.

• Moderators

I've not seen Canadian rye whisky on sale round here for a number of years, it used to be in the local supermarket. (About 12 years since I last bought a bottle of it).
It used to be about 3/4 the price of Scotch, Irish, or Bourbon - probably down to taxes.

We now have a whisky distillery here in Cumbria, English Whisky is comparable to Scotch or Irish.
https://www.lakesdistillery.com/whiskymakers-reserve-i4754

Just an update.  I was finally contacted, via email, by '2nd Line Support'.  The individual seemed to be quite pleasant, apologized for the trouble I was having and mentioned, I quote:
"We are aware of several issues affecting CCleaner for Mac. I'm pleased to let you know that we've been working on a long-overdue and major update to our Mac product. This will address these compatibility issues along with many other improvements. Whilst the team has been focused on this overhaul it has meant that it has taken longer to address some bugs than we would have liked.

I can't disagree with anything said there, but, unfortunately, have to point out it does nothing to actually immediately address the issues I am currently experiencing - issues which, apparently, Piriform has been aware of for quite some time.  This brings me back to one of my original points 'Why do we pay for support we don't receive?" - does that speak to our naivety (or stupidity) or the company's greed and deceptive practices?  I believe we deserve better.