Scan folders not Hard Drive

chippyman

Guest johnccleaner

You can Include specific folders for cleaning via the Custom Clean > Windows tab > Advanced group > "Custom Files and Folders" Cleaning Rule in Options > Include.

You can find out more here: https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048231491

Otherwise, if you're referring to something else, could you give me more detail on what task you're trying to accomplish?

3 hours ago, johnccleaner said:

You can Include specific folders for cleaning via the Custom Clean > Windows tab > Advanced group > "Custom Files and Folders" Cleaning Rule in Options > Include.

You can find out more here: https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048231491

Otherwise, if you're referring to something else, could you give me more detail on what task you're trying to accomplish?

Hi John

I have a  12 TB   Hard drive  with all my music songs on in MP3 format, I have them all in folders  like     I.E       A,B,C,E,F,G,H   ETC.. I want to find duplicate songs in each folder by reading  one folder at a time [ Not the whole Hard drive ] then delete the duplicate ones., Have tried to do what you suggest ,when i go into the the "Custom Files and Folders" Cleaning Rule in Options >include

I have tried as per your instructions but it still reads the whole drive,  I only want to read one folder at a time then delete duplicates

Sorry if i am going on a bit , But my computer knowledge is not brilliant, 75 year old senior here

Thankyou  John

Guest johnccleaner

There's an Include option in the Duplicate File Finder specifically as well (this is separate from the one I mentioned, which tells CCleaner what to clean - do not put your music folders in Options > Include, or they will be deleted).

In the Duplicate File Finder menu, you can click Add > Browse, then simply browse to the folder that you'd like to have it check. 

I would also recommend, for the usage you describe, going down to Options > change to "Include files and subfolders" in the Add window, that way it wouldn't simply look at drive:\A\, it would also then look into drive:\A\ACDC, drive:\A\Abba, drive:\A\Apocalyptica, and so on.

Then, simply uncheck all of the rules that you don't want the Duplicate File Finder to use - you could have just the drive:\A\*.* rule checked, for instance. 

You can also click on a rule > click Edit if you want to change it in the future.