Windows 10 Clear File Explorer History

Lee P

• Moderators

I think this is possibly a difference in terminology and that what you are looking for is 'Other Explorer MRUs" in Custom Clean under 'Windows Explorer'.
"MRUs" = Most Recently Used. (In other words history).

I'm not sure if Health Check clears them; many people do want to keep them.

image.png

If you are meaning something else then if you could explain a bit more which files you mean we should be able to point you.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

The different terminology is why it was always getting wiped on my Win10 system for two whole years until I happened upon a random topic mentioning how to stop CCleaner from clearing it out. I had thought it was something broken in my OEM install of Win10. Duh!

• Moderators

I guess that "Other Explorer Most Recently Used" was too long for the display.

It gets easy to fall into using abbreviations to save typing and space but forgetting that others may not know what they mean.
(CA, ESA, F2F, FFW, FTA, HB, IB, IS, PIP, MAC, MR, SPA, UC, WCA,  are just some the common ones that I and others use daily on a couple of fora. Don't worry if they don't mean anything to you they are not computer related, but any UK benefits adviser knows them).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043