Cookies

MrNash

I have a CCleaner professional subscription and use it on two computers. Both devices run Windows 10. When I run CCleaner on one of them, it will show many cookies removed, 20 or 30 or more. When I run CCleaner on the other machine it shows 10 or less cookies removed no matter how much browsing I have done, and I am concerned this computer is not being cleaned effectively. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so how can it be fixed?

Thanks,   MrNash

• Moderators

Firstly we need to know if you are using Health Check or Custom Clean?
Which browser(s) are you using?

There could be many reasons for what you are seeing with cookies.

If you are only seeing 20 or 30 on one machine, and only 10 or so on the other, then I suspect that something else is cleaning the browser cookies before you even run CCleaner.
(Especially as you say it doesn't change regardless of how much browsing you do).

Things that come to mind for where the browser cookies may have gone are:

• Do you have the browser(s) set to clear cookies on closing on one machine? (or on both).
  • Are you using the browser(s) in 'Private' mode?
  • Do you have a browser add-on that clears the cookies as you browse?
  • Do you have CCleaner Smart Cleaning enabled for the browser on one or both machines?
  • If you are using Custom Clean then are the ticks/unticks the same for each machine?
  • Is CCleaner set to clean multiple accounts on one machine but not the other?

Then additionaly for where the other (non-browser) cookies come from:

• Do the machines have 'live tiles' in the start menu? (eg. News, weather, etc).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043