CCleaner Community Forums

CCleaner Browser will not uninstall

Windows 7 Pro system. Ccleaner Browser installed on a recent update.  When running CCleaner it asks to force CCleaner Browser to close... It will not close. Tried uninstalling per your website suggestions and it does not uninstall.   Tried Control Panel uninstall and states I must have Administrator privileges.   I am the Administrator and logged on as Administrator.  Very frustrating... 14 years IT background.  P.S.  Antivirus turned off and all other programs closed.

• Moderators

See this to start with: https://www.ccleaner.com/docs/ccleaner-browser/troubleshooting/how-do-i-uninstall-ccleaner-browser

However, CCleaner Browser not uninstalling can be a known problem, I've asked the staff what is happening about resolving it.

• Admin

Hi @Ray Spengler Can you please (if applicable) terminate all of the running processes associated with the CCleaner Browser via the Windows Task Manager, then see if it can be uninstalled?

Additionally, can you please see if it can be uninstalled using the following steps?

• In Windows, navigate to: C:\Program Files (x86)\CCleaner Browser
  • Right-click the "CCleanerBrowserUninstall.exe" file > click "Run as Administrator"

Otherwise, can you please ensure that CCleaner Browser is not configured to automatically start with Windows?

• Open CCleaner Browser > click Menu (Menu Chrome.png) > Settings
  • Under the "On Startup" section, move the "Launch CCleaner Browser automatically when your computer starts" switch to the left, to the Off position

Afterwards, please restart the computer, then try to uninstall the CCleaner Browser again.

• Admin
17 hours ago, Ray Spengler said:

Uninstalled via step one above... Thanks for all of your help

Ray

@Ray SpenglerThank you very much for following up on this as it's useful for us to know what had resolved the problem for you. :) I am glad to hear that the uninstallation has succeeded, and please don't hestiate to notify us if you happen to encounter any other issues.