CCleaner Browser will not uninstall

Windows 7 Pro system. Ccleaner Browser installed on a recent update.  When running CCleaner it asks to force CCleaner Browser to close... It will not close. Tried uninstalling per your website suggestions and it does not uninstall.   Tried Control Panel uninstall and states I must have Administrator privileges.   I am the Administrator and logged on as Administrator.  Very frustrating... 14 years IT background.  P.S.  Antivirus turned off and all other programs closed.

• Moderators

See this to start with: https://www.ccleaner.com/docs/ccleaner-browser/troubleshooting/how-do-i-uninstall-ccleaner-browser

However, CCleaner Browser not uninstalling can be a known problem, I've asked the staff what is happening about resolving it.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @Ray Spengler Can you please (if applicable) terminate all of the running processes associated with the CCleaner Browser via the Windows Task Manager, then see if it can be uninstalled?

Additionally, can you please see if it can be uninstalled using the following steps?

• In Windows, navigate to: C:\Program Files (x86)\CCleaner Browser
  • Right-click the "CCleanerBrowserUninstall.exe" file > click "Run as Administrator"

Otherwise, can you please ensure that CCleaner Browser is not configured to automatically start with Windows?

• Open CCleaner Browser > click Menu (Menu Chrome.png) > Settings
  • Under the "On Startup" section, move the "Launch CCleaner Browser automatically when your computer starts" switch to the left, to the Off position

Afterwards, please restart the computer, then try to uninstall the CCleaner Browser again.

Guest MeganCCleaner
17 hours ago, Ray Spengler said:

Uninstalled via step one above... Thanks for all of your help

Ray

@Ray SpenglerThank you very much for following up on this as it's useful for us to know what had resolved the problem for you. :) I am glad to hear that the uninstallation has succeeded, and please don't hestiate to notify us if you happen to encounter any other issues.

• 1 month later...

Hi There,

I am also having trouble getting this app to uninstall. I have tried:

1) Followed steps outlined here: https://www.ccleaner.com/docs/ccleaner-browser/troubleshooting/how-do-i-uninstall-ccleaner-browser

2) Run CCleanerBrowserUninstall.exe as an administrator

3) Made sure CCleaner Browser does not start at startup outlined by Megan above, restarted computer and tried steps my steps 1 and 2.

4) Tried installing CCleaner Browser again from CCleaner website and went through steps 1-3.

In all instances nothing seems to happen. Any other suggestions would be appreciated and thanks.

Guest MeganCCleaner
23 hours ago, tylarius said:

Hi There,

I am also having trouble getting this app to uninstall. I have tried:

1) Followed steps outlined here: https://www.ccleaner.com/docs/ccleaner-browser/troubleshooting/how-do-i-uninstall-ccleaner-browser

2) Run CCleanerBrowserUninstall.exe as an administrator

3) Made sure CCleaner Browser does not start at startup outlined by Megan above, restarted computer and tried steps my steps 1 and 2.

4) Tried installing CCleaner Browser again from CCleaner website and went through steps 1-3.

In all instances nothing seems to happen. Any other suggestions would be appreciated and thanks.

Hi @tylarius When you attempt to uninstall CCleaner Browser, does the uninstallation process stall, without progressing further, or are you encountering a different type of issue with this?

Additionally, can you please tell me what operating system you are using, and what version of the browser is installed?

You can find the browser version as follows:

• Open CCleaner Browser > click Menu (Menu Chrome.png
  • Click "Help and About CCleaner Browser" > About CCleaner Browser

Hi @MeganCCleaner When I click on CCleanerBrowserUninstall.exe the mouse icon changes to a blue wheel like something is loading for a second and then nothing happens. Similar behavior when try to use Add / Remove Programs. I am on Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.18636.

image.png.6a6ca2a037b64709c0dbf82f029d07a1.png

I hope this helps and thank you. The computer is administered by somebody else so I can check in with them if you can't think of anything else. I didn't intend to install this program.

Guest MeganCCleaner

Hi @tylarius Thanks for all of the information.

By chance, do you have the Desktop version of CCleaner installed and if so, does this allow you to uninstall CCleaner Browser, as follows?

• Open CCleaner > click Tools > Uninstall
  • Right-click CCleaner Browser > click Uninstall

Or, can you please see if the browser can be uninstalled using the following steps?

1. Click Start > type: CMD
  2. From the search results, right-click Command Prompt > click "Run as Administrator"
  3. Type and enter: 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CCleaner Browser\CCleanerBrowserUninstall.exe" /run_source=cp

Hi @MeganCCleaner,

Thanks for the additional info!

When I use try to use CCleaner to uninstall I get similar behavior as other methods. The mouse spins for less than a second and then stops.

I tried CMD as an admin, ran the command and get:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>C:\Program Files (x86)\CCleaner Browser\CCleanerBrowserUninstall.exe" /run_source=cp
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, tylarius said:

I tried CMD as an admin, ran the command and get:

You left out a quotation mark before c:\program files

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Thank you @Nergal

I tried again:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>"C:\Program Files (x86)\CCleaner Browser\CCleanerBrowserUninstall.exe" /run_source=cp

image.png.9549e0ec23d4585af5028906ca62ced0.png 

Above message appears followed by:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>"C:\Program Files (x86)\CCleaner Browser\CCleanerBrowserUninstall.exe" /run_source=cp
Access is denied.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
On 06/01/2021 at 14:27, MeganCCleaner said:

Hi @Ray Spengler Can you please (if applicable) terminate all of the running processes associated with the CCleaner Browser via the Windows Task Manager, then see if it can be uninstalled?

Additionally, can you please see if it can be uninstalled using the following steps?

• In Windows, navigate to: C:\Program Files (x86)\CCleaner Browser
  • Right-click the "CCleanerBrowserUninstall.exe" file > click "Run as Administrator"

Otherwise, can you please ensure that CCleaner Browser is not configured to automatically start with Windows?

• Open CCleaner Browser > click Menu (Menu Chrome.png) > Settings
  • Under the "On Startup" section, move the "Launch CCleaner Browser automatically when your computer starts" switch to the left, to the Off position

Afterwards, please restart the computer, then try to uninstall the CCleaner Browser again.

I'm running ccleaner at the moment and it's not working properly because ccleaner browser will not close. I've gone into task manager and it doesn't work re ccleaner browser, you just can't close this thing down. 

• 1 month later...