CCleaner Free Options ' Include -- Not Cleaning

dd33

When I click on Run CCleaner either in the recycle bin menu or the custom clean window, the folders defined within Options ' Include do not get emptied.
...\AppData\Local\Audacity\SessionData\
for example is never emptied.
Selected are "drive or folder" and "all files"
Latest version of CCleaner on win 10 64bit
What am I missing?

edit:  Also, under Custom CLean, Windows tab, Advanced, I do have Custom Files and Folders checked.

Clipboard01.jpg

Edited by dd33
see also

Now it seems to be working... That's weird.
The only other settings I messed with was that I tried to check the INI box, which it would not let me showing some permission error.  Then I unchecked the User Account Control, did Run CC, got warning, gave permission, then went back to these settings and checked the User Account Control box again.
And when going back to these settings, I see the INI box is now checked.

Could someone please confirm that when I Run CC from the recycle bin menu, that run should include to custom cleaning options / included files and folders?
Thanks

Clipboard02.jpg

Edited by dd33
add more info

• Moderators

Only thing I can add is that maybe Audacity was running in the background, or hadn't closed fully, so that CCleaner couldn't clear those files?

PS. The permissions error message on the .INI tickbox, (and sometimes on the UAC tickbox) is known about.
It's that message itself that is being shown in error.
The settings do change despite the message being shown, as you can see by closing and opening CCleaner again.
It will no doubt be fixed in the next update.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Thanks for the replies.
There are some files that even batch files with admin rights will not touch.
Just took me about 3 hours to finally get rid of some Flash app files that apparently had only TrustedInstaller permissions.
Finally found an app here {link removed} that allowed me to delete the protected files.
Is there a setting in CC that will notify when CC was NOT able to delete a file?
Thanks

• Moderators

Glad that you found a solution, thanks for sharing it.

I've given the benefit of the doubt here and simply removed your posted link.

You could have reported your findings without giving that link, and the information in your post stands just as well without it.

Although many of do use use similar utilities the fact that you gave the link after only 5 posts, (all 5 in the same thread), looks suspiciously like a common spamming tactic.

I realise that you may just have been wanting to help others but as moderators we have to act when something fits a spamming profile -  but not over-react, hence the benefit of the doubt.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043