Wifi connection lost after running CCleaner on Windows 10

farmermaker

• Moderators

Are you doing a registry clean?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

I had the wifi not connecting issue with both Windows 10 1903 and 1909.
It was nothing to do with CCleaner, it was Windows itself and as Andavari says could be common.

I couldn't get Windows to connect reliably on boot and so I made a quick batch file to do the connection manually when needed. (almost every boot).

Copy the following into notepad (not a word processor) and change 'wifiname' to the name of the wifi network you want to connect to.

netsh wlan connect name=wifiname

Save it to your desktop as "Connect Wifi.bat", or any name you like as long as it ends with '.bat'

If/when Windows doesn't connect to wifi then simply double click it to restore the wifi connection.
(PS. Even if the named network is not available that should prompt Windows to look for another available connection).
Mine still lives on my desktop next to the System Tray even though Windows connects by itself again now and I no longer need to use it.

image.png

PPS. You could set it up as a scheduled task to run on boot, but it's simple enough just to double click the icon.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

5 hours ago, Andavari said:

Windows 10 loosing a Wi-Fi connection is very common, here's a search about it:
https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=windows+10+keeps+loosing+wifi

On a laptop you can sometimes get Wi-Fi to reconnect simply by Signing Out, and then Sign In. And sometimes it takes a reboot/restart.

2 hours ago, nukecad said:

I had the wifi not connecting issue with both Windows 10 1903 and 1909.
It was nothing to do with CCleaner, it was Windows itself and as Andavari says could be common.

I couldn't get Windows to connect reliably on boot and so I made a quick batch file to do the connection manually when needed. (almost every boot).

Copy the following into notepad (not a word processor) and change 'wifiname' to the name of the wifi network you want to connect to.

netsh wlan connect name=wifiname

Save it to your desktop as "Connect Wifi.bat", or any name you like as long as it ends with '.bat'

If/when Windows doesn't connect to wifi then simply double click it to restore the wifi connection.
(PS. Even if the named network is not available that should prompt Windows to look for another available connection).
Mine still lives on my desktop next to the System Tray even though Windows connects by itself again now and I no longer need to use it.

image.png

PPS. You could set it up as a scheduled task to run on boot, but it's simple enough just to double click the icon.

Thanks for the quick responses everyone! I will look into this. After reading more of the CC documentation, it is not likely related to CC. I am definitely not running the Registry Cleaner.