Strange Error

Duchess44

• Moderators

It seems to think that you already have a CCleaner Professional license that needs to be renewed.
Have you had a CCleaner Professional license on that computer in the past?

@Dave CCleanercould you take a look at this and see if the users email is registered to a license.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Admin
47 minutes ago, nukecad said:

if the users email is registered to a license.

Nothing comes up under that specific email address. Things to check:

• Which version number of CCleaner is currently being run?

image.png

• Under Options > About is the blue button saying "License Information" or "Upgrade to Pro" and "Start Free Trial"
  • Was the computer previously running CCleaner Professional and then switched to free?

EDIT: One more question - and probably the most relevant one:

• Are you using Windows 10, or Windows 7 or 8?

Just checked with the infrastructure team, and apparently when something was moved earlier this week there was an issue for some Windows 7 and 8 users with regards to update requests, due to older TLS versions being used.  If you are on Windows 7 or 8, then close CCleaner and try again to see if the problem has sorted itself out already.

Edited by Dave CCleaner
added extra question

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

12 hours ago, nukecad said:

It seems to think that you already have a CCleaner Professional license that needs to be renewed.
Have you had a CCleaner Professional license on that computer in the past?

@Dave CCleanercould you take a look at this and see if the users email is registered to a license.

No. I've always used CCleaner free version for Windows 10. 

12 hours ago, Dave CCleaner said:

Nothing comes up under that specific email address. Things to check:

• Which version number of CCleaner is currently being run?

image.png

• Under Options > About is the blue button saying "License Information" or "Upgrade to Pro" and "Start Free Trial"
  • Was the computer previously running CCleaner Professional and then switched to free?

EDIT: One more question - and probably the most relevant one:

• Are you using Windows 10, or Windows 7 or 8?

Just checked with the infrastructure team, and apparently when something was moved earlier this week there was an issue for some Windows 7 and 8 users with regards to update requests, due to older TLS versions being used.  If you are on Windows 7 or 8, then close CCleaner and try again to see if the problem has sorted itself out already.

I'm using Windows 10. I will have to wait until I get home to check the specific version number, but it is the most recent version of the free edition. I want to say it's like 524 or some such. I will be sure to reply with the rest of what you asked for as soon as I get back to my computer.

Ok I have this:

CCleaner Free for Home Use

Version:  5.75.8238 (I think it auto updated last night)

Windows 10 64-bit

Also,  it's probably a different email address than I registered for CCleaner with.  It may be *************.  I don't know how to update the email address for my CCleaner account.

Hi Duchess44:

I use CCleaner Free Portable v5.75.8523 (unzipped on USB thumb drive, started with fresh installation and allowed it to create a new ccleaner.ini file).  I have never trialed or purchased a CCleaner Pro license.  When I click the "Check for Updates" link in main interface I see one of two different messages,  either:

767353316_CCleanerv5_75UpdateCheckOutboundWorkedFWBlockDisabled12Dec2020.png.82cfad346e01d8560b70d87ad5f43906.png

OR

895322254_CCleanerv5_75UpdateCheckFailedOutboundFWBlockDisabled12Dec2020.png.5a971dfadd3bee7ed16c15d62f25efec.png

If I click "Check for Updates" multiple times (i.e., in quick succession) the order in which either of those two message is displayed seems completely random. Enabling / disabling the setting at Options| Updates | Keep CCleaner Updated Automatically has no effect.

I also tried creating an outbound block for the CCleaner64.exe executable in my Windows Defender Firewall (Control Panel | System and Security | Windows Defender Firewall | Advanced Settings | Outbound Rules | New Rule |Rule Type = Program; This Program Path: D:\Portable\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe; Action: Block the Connection; Profile: All (Domain/Private/Public); Name: CCleaner64_Outbound_Block) but it doesn't matter whether this outbound block rule is enabled or disabled - those two different messages still appear in any random order when I click "Check for Updates".
-------------
64-bit Win 10 Pro v1909 build 18363.1198 * Firefox 83.0 * Windows Defender v4.18.2011.6 * Malwarebytes Free v4.3.0.98-1.0.1130 * CCleaner Free Portable v5.75.8238
Dell Inspiron 15 5584, Intel i5-8265U @ 1.60/1.80 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Toshiba 256 GB KBG40ZNS256G NVMe SSD, Intel UHD Graphics 620