Is there a problem with CCleaner on Mac Big Sur (OS 11.0.1)?

GailNK

• Admin

Can I confirm if the folks in this thread are using the latest version CCleaner for Mac 1.18.30 (https://www.ccleaner.com/knowledge/ccleaner-mac-v11830) or an earlier version?

Also we have had some feedback that some customers experiencing issues on BigSur 11.0.1 found their issues resolved after updating with BigSur 11.1 - indicating that 11.0.1 may have had some bugs that were fixed from Apple's update.

Anyone still experiencing issues with BigSur 11.1 / CCMac 1.18.30 ?

Edited by Dave CCleaner
added BigSur 11.1 note

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

The start up time issue seems to have been resolved with 11.1 but cleaner still crashes on the cleaning step about 1/3 of the time.   Restarting it mostly works the second time but sometimes requires a third try.   The screen shots have been previously published.  It also still lists the wrong MACOS version.

• 5 weeks later...

There is definitely a problem with the latest version, as I've tried downloading and installing it at least 3 times now and it always crashes right when I try to start up. 

@Dave CCleaner I guarantee the majority of people that have posted about issues with your most recent update have already upgraded to BigSur 11.1.  

This is a small snippet of the error report, which I hope provides enough details. Please fix the issue, we'd really appreciate it!

Process:               CCleaner [74841]
Path:                  /Applications/CCleaner.app/Contents/MacOS/CCleaner
Identifier:            com.piriform.ccleaner
Version:               1.18.30 (1.18.30)
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           CCleaner [74841]
User ID:               504

Date/Time:             2021-01-20 19:14:31.729 -0800
OS Version:            macOS 11.1 (20C69)
Report Version:        12
Anonymous UUID:        {{redacted for privacy}}

Sleep/Wake UUID:       {{redacted for privacy}}

Time Awake Since Boot: 72000 seconds
Time Since Wake:       20000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '-[NSException setFrame:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x60000244fb70'
abort() called
terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

Edited by timfea926

On 15/12/2020 at 20:48, Dave CCleaner said:

Can I confirm if the folks in this thread are using the latest version CCleaner for Mac 1.18.30 (https://www.ccleaner.com/knowledge/ccleaner-mac-v11830) or an earlier version?

Also we have had some feedback that some customers experiencing issues on BigSur 11.0.1 found their issues resolved after updating with BigSur 11.1 - indicating that 11.0.1 may have had some bugs that were fixed from Apple's update.

Anyone still experiencing issues with BigSur 11.1 / CCMac 1.18.30 ?

Omg @Dave CCleaner, YES!!! 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Admin
5 hours ago, Minigato said:

Yeah. It looks like it is universally broken for everyone with Big Sur. 

We do seem to have the majority of our Mac users on the BigSur and CCmac 1.18.30 using it without major issues.

Since the 11.1 bugfix patch from Apple, the most widely reported issue for CCmac 1.18.30 on BigSur is that Apple changed the version numbering prior to release and that CCleaner reports the OS Version as MacOS X 10.16.  Also that some of the graphical elements have been resized by the OS and an issue with cookies on the latest Safari version.

Are you able to provide any other information regarding your system configuration so that we can try to replicate your issue.  Are you on a Mac using the new M1 chip?  And specific firewall, AV or other system utilities that you are using?

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

8 hours ago, Dave CCleaner said:

Are you able to provide any other information regarding your system configuration so that we can try to replicate your issue.  Are you on a Mac using the new M1 chip?  And specific firewall, AV or other system utilities that you are using?

Sure.
I'm running it on a MacBook Pro 15" 2017, 3.1GHz Intel, 16GB RAM with latest BigSur (11.2.3).
I use LuLu firewall and no AV. It still won't open with the firewall disabled.

I can provide all info you need, just tell me what to look for. Maybe some logs.
Here is the macOS problem report: https://pastebin.com/h0GtP0dv

I asked a friend to test it too as he has a pretty stock macOS installation. I'll update with his results.

8 hours ago, Dave CCleaner said:

I try to run it on two devices:

MacBook Pro 16" 2019, 2.4Ghz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 64GB RAM with BigSur 11.2.3.

iMac Pro 27" 2017, 3GHz Intel Xeon W, 64GB RAM with BigSur 11.2.3.

BUT: I just started CCleaner to produce an error report but this time let it hang for say 3-5 min. At the end it came up as planned! Might it be that for a first start the app needs several minutes to establish all the necessary?

• 2 months later...