Is CCleaner Professional subscription for an account or for a PC?

Martyna

Hello, I want to get the CCleaner Professional subscription but I'm not sure if  "for one PC" means the subscription would only work for the one PC, where if I bought a new PC I couldn't transfer the subscription and my money would be wasted for the time that I didn't manage to use it. Or, if it means that it's for an account so you can disable the subscription on one PC and enable on another.

If it's for the account, then can you explain how to disable the subscription on one PC and enable on another, without paying for another subscription?

I appreciate all the help and advice.

• Admin

We don't have an explicit deprovisioning method available, but you can remove it from an old PC and reinstall on a new PC without any problems.  

Problems only arise if you keep CCleaner running on the old PC as well as the new PC for an extended period of time, or if you seem to have "new PCs" on a frequently recurring basis (ie: a support technician trying to use CCleaner Professional as a breakfix tool on multiple customer PCs, instead of using the Technician's Edition for that purpose).

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Martyna said:

... can you explain how to disable the subscription on one PC and enable on another, without paying for another subscription?

It's fairly simple:

1. Make a note or your registered name and license key, they can be found at Options>About>License Information, - be careful to copy it correctly and be especially careful not to confuse numbers/letters in the key. (S & 5, B & 8, etc, can be confused if you're not careful).
  2. Unistall CCleaner from your old machine.
  3. Install CCleaner Free on your new machine, open it and go to Options>About>Upgrade to Pro.
  4. Enter your name and key then click on 'Register'.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043