CCleaner Pro 5.74 Will not stop ads. VERY intrusive.

RJRains

Just got another pop-up ad from CCleaner Pro 5.74.  This one for Cyber Monday crap.  Tried all the ways I know to stop them.  Have used CCleaner since it's inception, and it's only gotten worse.  About to write off the $25 Pro cost and delete it altogether.  It's become too arrogant and intrusive in it's behavior.  And of course, they want MORE money to contact them with a solution to this BS.  

Is there something I'm missing?  Stop the ads or lose a customer, CCleaner (or Piriform, or Avast, or whoever you are today).

• Admin
17 hours ago, RJRains said:

Just got another pop-up ad from CCleaner Pro 5.74

Greetings from CCleaner by Piriform.

If your subscription is coming up for expiry (or has expired) then CCleaner will let you know if there is an offer on that would let you renew at a better price.  There would have been up to 4 notifications in total during the Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales period (which ended yesterday).  If you go to Options > About > License Information you should be able to see your expiry date.

If you have recently purchased CCleaner Professional, be sure to register your licence under Options > About if you have not already done so.  There is a guide on how to do that here: How to register and activate CCleaner Professional – Piriform Support

Primary cause for seeing more than the scheduled number of notifications are either:

• Running a version of CCleaner 5.53 or lower (there was an overmessaging bug fixed back in CCleaner 5.54 https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/version-history)
  • Wiping the "I've already seen this once so no need to show it to me again tomorrow" flag.

The second one can be fixed by going to Options > Cookies inside the CCleaner console, right-clicking on the "cookies to keep" collection and importing the attached cookies.txt file that will restore the "I've already seen this" flag to the cookies whitelist. 

cookies.txt

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes