Screenshot? 80% off sale

Back on November 27 I received a popup for a ccleaner sale of 80% off. So I took it! But it turned out not to be what I thought it was. So I contacted ccleaner support and Charlie in the Philippines says there was no such sale and would I please send him a screenshot of the sale. But it was just a popup so no photo of it exists that I know of. Would anyone know how to get a screenshot of that sale or remember the particulars of the sale itself?? I don't believe I was seeing things!

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, jimbodamamboking said:

So I contacted ccleaner support and Charlie in the Philippines says there was no such sale and would I please send him a screenshot of the sale.

That does not sound right at all. And rings alarm bells.
"Charlie in the Pilippines" is highly unlikely to be official CCleaner Support.

Just how are you contacting CCleaner support?

If you are talking to someone on the phone then he is definitely not official, and you have been tricked into contacting a 'Tech Support' Scammer.
Whatever you do do not let them have remote access to your machine.
Do not send them any money.

Anyone from official CCleaner support would know about the various sale offers, including the 80%-off offer. (Which was a genuine offer, made to existing customers).

Genuine, official, CCleaner support is contacted by email at: support@ccleaner.com

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

Texting? Do you mean emailing?

The offer was a popup and was not available to the general public:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/59570-what-is-the-total-price-of-the-black-friday-sale-offer/?tab=comments#comment-325128

I'm still suspicious of that "Charlie in the Philippines" .
@Dave CCleanercould you a take a look at this please?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Admin

@jimbodamamboking: There were a couple of different Black Friday offers available.  One headlined "Up to 80% off" and was for 33%-80% off (after cashback) on 1 year of 1 PC CCleaner Professional, 3 PCs CCleaner Professional Plus or 3PC CCleaner Professional Plus Premium Support Bundle. The other was headlined "2 years for the price of one" and was for 2 years of 3PCs CCleaner Professional Plus Premium Support Bundle for the price of one year (after cashback).

Both Charlie from Manila and Andrei from London supplied you with correct information - you purchased a 1 year of the 3PC CCleaner Professional Plus Premium Support bundle for $30 (after cashback) from the first promotion and not the 2 years for $60 (after cashback) which was part of a different promotion.  And neither of them said that there was no such sale - just that the 80% off the 1PC CCleaner Professional is not what you bought when you hit the cashback landing page and selected a different offer than the one that was advertised to you. 

@nukecad: Indeed, this scenario did sound wrong at first glance, but he had been contacting CCleaner support via email.  Actually his package did also include a 24x7 Premium Tech support service, which does have the option for remote access if customers want a "do it for me" option General FAQs – Piriform Support - although noteworthy that this is initiated via a web-based chat with our support team (not over the phone) and does not require any additional payment (it's already factored into the bundle price)

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

"2 years for the price of one" and was for 2 years of 3PCs CCleaner Professional Plus Premium Support Bundle for the price of one year (after cashback). I believe this was the one I originally wanted. Something didn't seem right when I was charged $49.95 and that was supposed to be 80% off. And when I put in the new key it only gave me one year.And the $20 cashback should have been $40. So I'm thoroughly confused now. So why didn't Charlie or Andrei tell me there really was an 80% off sale? And I can show Dave the email from Charlie asking me for a screenshot of the sale! Charlie should have known about the sale.
Oh Well.

Edited by jimbodamamboking

If I see any ‘sale’ discount on the basis of cash back I avoid it.
Too often the cash back doesn’t appear after claiming, the offer is withdrawn after claiming or the cash back isn’t what was offered in the advertisement.

Just my 2 Pence worth.

Virginia/Bastet.
Windows 11 Pro 22H2. CCleaner Pro. MalwareBytes Pro. Defender. Macrium Reflect Home.