Can't disable "Minimize to System Tray"

johnywhy

• Moderators

If you have either, or both, 'Smart Cleaning' or 'Keep CCleaner updated automatically' turned on then they will run a background task and so Windows will put an icon in your System Tray.

If you don't want to see that icon in the tray then you have to turn both of those options off.

If you can't get it to go away with both of those turned off then come back.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

52 minutes ago, nukecad said:

If you have either, or both, 'Smart Cleaning' or 'Keep CCleaner updated automatically' turned on then they will run a background task and so Windows will put an icon in your System Tray.

If you don't want to see that icon in the tray then you have to turn both of those options off.

If you can't get it to go away with both of those turned off then come back.

ok, i had auto-update turned on. With auto-update turned off, will CCleaner still check for update every time i run it?

thx!

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, johnywhy said:

ok, i had auto-update turned on. With auto-update turned off, will CCleaner still check for update every time i run it?

Yes it should still do that.

Leave the other new setting 'Send notifications when there is a new version of CCleaner' ticked. (That doesn't run a background task so no icon).

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kockarche said:

I have the same problem. This occurs since the last update. My "Minimize to System Tray" and all "Smart cleaning options" are off but when i close CCleaner, it's still minimized to System Tray. 

@kockarcheYou also need to turn off 'Keep CCleaner updated automatically' in Options>Update.

That's a new option for users of CCleaner Free (and a change to how it used to work in Pro)  and is one of the things that will now put an icon in the System Tray.