IPod

grabacontroller

no. you can rip CD's onto your computer and put them on there using their software.

you can do the same thing with any MP3's that you have on your computer.

If you use iTunes then reformat your computer, I heard you must buy all your music again...

And it don't support Ogg Vorbis and FLAC.

Aff!

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

• Moderators

That's just another reason why DRM'd music sucks, and DRM'd music is something I'll neeeever, eeeever be a consumer of.

Edit: Although Windows Media Player sucks, at least it's licenses can be backed up, kudos to MS on that one.

Do you have to buy music from the Itunes store in order for you to play music on your IPod?

no, i havent ever done that. i just download my music from limewire and then transfer it to my ipod.

• Moderators

Last I checked you can bypass the iTunes protected music by burning the song to an audio cd then ripping it back to the computer as a mp3.

The problem is that is transcoding, and will loose allot of quality. It's best to not support any DRM'd music in the first place, and thus there won't be a problem with it!

• Moderators

Exactly burn a low quality drm mp3 to a disc and then put it back on your computer and then burn it again. If you have a nice sound system in your living room try listening to it on that and see how truely awefull it is!

I know that the walmart site gives their music in 128kb wma format. That is such low quality that even the first time you burn it to a disc it sounds like crap.

• Moderators

I know that the walmart site gives their music in 128kb wma format. That is such low quality that even the first time you burn it to a disc it sounds like crap.

WMA at 128 k/bits doesn't make my ears happy at all, to much artifacts for me, and doesn't start sounding good/acceptable to me unless it's at 192 k/bits or higher if using WMA VBR mode, but still then I wouldn't choose it. For lossy audio formats it's hands down LAME MP3 (compatible with anything), and Ogg Vorbis (gaining more and more hardware support). For lossless audio it's WavPack.