CCleaner APPCRASH v5.74

k6whp

Well, apparently this is NOT where the service techs provide advice! I pay an annual fee for their suite of apps and the main one starts gagging and is rendered useless and f*** all support here.

[childish rant with additional profanities removed]

Edited by Dave CCleaner
childish rant with profanities removed

• Admin
1 hour ago, k6whp said:

Well, apparently this is NOT where the service techs provide advice!

You are correct.  If you are a paying customer, you can get that from customer support.  What you have instead done is swear and curse in a public forum at your fellow CCleaner users who might otherwise have offered you some suggestions if you had provided some additional information - such as any antivirus or firewall software that you might have running that might be interfering with CCleaner's operation.  Other information that might be useful would be if you had experienced problems on this computer with any prior versions of CCleaner, etc.

Would you like to try again?

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

This crash is logged every time on app exit (same Fault offset as OP):

Description
Faulting application name: CCleaner64.exe, version: 5.74.0.8198, time stamp: 0x5faae541
Faulting module name: CCleaner64.exe, version: 5.74.0.8198, time stamp: 0x5faae541
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000d68253
Faulting process id: 0x2e38
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6c6e9f2c686f4
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe
Report Id: 4303b16b-aac3-4744-b9dc-c5b37abe6f95
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, IntelliMoo said:

This crash is logged every time on app exit (same Fault offset as OP):

Description
Faulting application name: CCleaner64.exe, version: 5.74.0.8198, time stamp: 0x5faae541
Faulting module name: CCleaner64.exe, version: 5.74.0.8198, time stamp: 0x5faae541
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000d68253
Faulting process id: 0x2e38
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6c6e9f2c686f4
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe
Report Id: 4303b16b-aac3-4744-b9dc-c5b37abe6f95
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Anymore info you can give such as Anti virus used, any other security software or firewalls. Which operating version etc

Is it a clean install of CCleaner?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Apologies for what was correctly characterized as a "childish profane rant". Thank you for the hints. Info suggested above as well as first two .dmp files provided to pay support email portal Tuesday with CONFIRMATION but no response as yet. Happy to work with any humans requesting additional info.

On 03/12/2020 at 05:27, hazelnut said:

Anymore info you can give such as Anti virus used, any other security software or firewalls. Which operating version etc

Is it a clean install of CCleaner?

Clean? Well, the "usual" install of CCleaner, meaning each update over the last one for a long time now.

Latest Windows 10 Home (20H2, 19042.662, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0) with no extra av or firewall.  But, the crashes happened on 19042.630 first.

Anyway, I have CCleaner uninstalled currently.. Will wait for the next version.

Edited by IntelliMoo

• Moderators
2 hours ago, IntelliMoo said:

Clean? Well, the "usual" install of CCleaner, meaning each update over the last one for a long time now.

Latest Windows 10 Home (20H2, 19042.662, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0) with no extra av or firewall.  But, the crashes happened on 19042.630 first.

Anyway, I have CCleaner uninstalled currently.. Will wait for the next version.

I believe the appcrash issue is being looked at and may be patched sometime this month.

PS. A 'clean install' is a term used to mean either a first time install, or a complete uninstall/reinstall - as opposed to an update/upgrade of an existing install.
As you have uninstalled CCleaner then when you reinstall again that will be a 'clean install'.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Guest MeganCCleaner

We believe this might be resolved in the next update for CCleaner, v5.75, and we intend to release this soon.

Would you be willing to follow-up with us after installing v5.75 to confirm if the problem still exists in the new version?

The issue I for which originally posted the message here is being handled by the pro support team member, Chris, and we are taking steps to determine what caused the crash. I believe it to be a problem with my installation of CCleaner and NOT CCleaner itself. That said, once Chris and I determine the problem and resolve it, I will of course download and install the 5.75 version and report back in either case.

On 09/12/2020 at 08:43, MeganCCleaner said:

We believe this might be resolved in the next update for CCleaner, v5.75, and we intend to release this soon.

Would you be willing to follow-up with us after installing v5.75 to confirm if the problem still exists in the new version?

Will test it shortly.

Update:  Doesn't crash anymore.  👍

Edited by IntelliMoo