Ccleaner installed mailwasherpro [resolved: it didn't]

Dazlzn

• Moderators

CCleaner would not install mailwasher pro.

If it's turned up at the same time that you downloaded CCleaner then where did you download CCleaner from?

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Hi Nukecad, thanks for the response. No idea where I download ccleaner from. I always use the option within ccleaner. So I assume it is from the ccleaner servers.

Mailwasherpro is listed in the Custom Clean > Applications > Internet section, but nowhere can I find a way to remove it

Edited by Dazlzn

• Moderators

Ah, so CCleaner hasn't installed Mailwasher, it's simply now finding it as something to be cleaned.

It may well be that it's a new detection in CCleaner, ie. Mailwasher was always on your machine but being ignored by CCleaner before?
There were some changes to detections made with the v5.74 updtate.

Is CCleaner actually finding anything in Mailwasher to be cleaned?

Maliwasher was probably installed/uninstalled at sometime in the past but the uninstall left traces behind which CCleaner is now seeing.
You can either ignore it or try to find those leftovers and remove them manually.

We had a similar post on Friday, but that one was Opera leftovers following an uninstall of Opera.
Have a read of this which gives ideas of how to get rid of these leftovers, it's the same for any app that has not been completely uninstalled, sometime though you can't fully track the leftovers down and so just have to live with it still showing up in CCleaner.

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Hi Nukead,

Thanks for all the additional information

> Ah, so CCleaner hasn't installed Mailwasher,
> it's simply now finding it as something to be cleaned.

Was never installed. So when cclenaer finds it I assume it installed it as well.

> It may well be that it's a new detection in CCleaner, ie.
> Mailwasher was always on your machine but being ignored by CCleaner before?
> There were some changes to detections made with the v5.74 updtate.

Only after the latest ccleaner update it popped up.

> Is CCleaner actually finding anything in Mailwasher to be cleaned?

No idea. It did find mailwasher and ticked the box so it will be cleaned.

How can I tell it is actually cleaning it ?

> Maliwasher was probably installed/uninstalled at sometime in the past
> but the uninstall left traces behind which CCleaner is now seeing.

Not aware of that. Did a fresh install 2 months ago. But hey, anything is possible . . . Elvis and Chuck Berry are in business together and run a gas station in Alabama  🙂

One would think ccleaner cleans old traces like that, isn't that what ccleaner is for 😉

> You can either ignore it or try to find those leftovers and remove them manually.

Ok,  too bad ccleaner can not handle that. Will give it a go myself.

Edited by Dazlzn

• Dave CCleaner changed the title to Ccleaner installed mailwasherpro [no it didn't]
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Dazlzn said:

No idea. It did find mailwasher and ticked the box so it will be cleaned.

How can I tell it is actually cleaning it ?

If you set Custom Clean to show you the Advanced Report (Options>Advanced) then it will show you if it has found something for each ticked category
You can also double-click on each where something has been found to see just what the files it found are.
If it doesn't find anything to clean for any particular category then it won't show on the report.

Of course as the Mailwasher leftovers have now gone then CCleaner isn't going to find it anyway.

Ok,  too bad ccleaner can not handle that. Will give it a go myself.

CCleaner is not realy meant for that, an uninstall tool like Revo is what you need for that particular job.

No idea why someone changed my post

That's Dave one of the CCleaner staff, he's just changed the title to point out to anyone searching that CCleaner didn't/wouldn't install Mailwasher.

• Dave CCleaner changed the title to Ccleaner installed mailwasherpro [resolved: it didn't]
  • Admin

CCleaner does not install mailwasherpro. (I'm not even sure what that is)  In addition to @nukecad's notes above:

• CCleaner does have an Uninstaller toll under Tools > Uninstall which may be of assistance to uninstall some 3rd party software
  • If you have already uninstalled something and it has left remnants behind in the registry then careful and selective use of the Registry cleaner will help remove those leftover traces.  (Note that we do not generally recommend indiscriminate use of the Registry Cleaner unless there is something specific that you are trying to fix or remove).
  • If you run CCleaner's Software Updater (available under Tools > Software Updater or the Security tab of Health Check) that will list some pieces of software that have been previously installed which may be helpful.  Executing an update will install the latest versions of any out-of-date versions that you already have installed.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes