v5.74 occasional dmp-files [solved in 5.75]

mogli

Hi!

I'm using the portable Win10 x64 free edition of CCleaner v5.74. It occasionally writes a dmp-file to the same folder where the exe resides. I'm unable to reproduce it all the time, it just happens sometimes. Everything seems to work fine though. No crashes or issues at all. What's the reason for this?

I can confirm that the new version constantly creates .dmp files. If CCleaner is closed immediately after the cleanup, a .dmp file is almost always created.

Edit: Looks like the bug is already known and will be corrected in the next version.

• Moderators

That will work for Custom Clean (but not for Health Check).

Remember to also tick 'Custom files and folders' under the 'Windows' tab of Custom Clean.

TBH I'm running 5.74.8198 and I'm not getting any .dmp files (at least not yet).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

On 16/11/2020 at 20:51, nukecad said:

TBH I'm running 5.74.8198 and I'm not getting any .dmp files (at least not yet).

That's the version I have. I'm also on Windows 7 64bit. Maybe there's a difference? The .dmp is created immediately upon closing CCleaner. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, CCuser1000 said:

I was getting dump files almost every time also.  Run Win10 and 5.74.8198 64bit.

I run Custom Clean.  I just unchecked all the items under Internet Explorer.  Haven't seen any more dump files produced.

I ran CC about 10 times without getting a dump file.  But then I got a dump file.  Items still unchecked under Internet Explorer in Custom Clean

On 03/12/2020 at 17:04, CCuser1000 said:

I ran CC about 10 times without getting a dump file.  But then I got a dump file.  Items still unchecked under Internet Explorer in Custom Clean

Run Win10 and CC Portable 5.74.8198 64bit in Custom Clean

Dump file created when CC program is exited. 

The dump file doesn't appear in the directory until the CC program window is closed.  I do several cleanings and no dump file produced.  But when the program is exited, a dump file is created.

• Moderators

It is a know bug and they are working on a couple of updates for release this month to fix a few small bugs like this one.

We are told that when released the fix for this one will remove any old .dmp files that may have been created. So you can just ignore them for now.

In the meantime as said above:
For a temporary work around you can make the .dmp files an 'Include' so that Custom Clean's 'Custom files and folders' will remove them each time you run Custom Clean.
Once the bug has been fixed you will no longer need the include.

image.png

Remember to also tick this:
image.png

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Dave CCleaner changed the title to v5.74 occasional dmp-files [solved in 5.75]
  • Moderators

We are told that when released the fix for this one will remove any old .dmp files that may have been created.

Just to note that the fix hasn't removed the old .dmp files from '...\Program Files\CCleaner\'.

You can delete them yourself in File Explorer if you don't want them hanging around.