CCleaner Community Forums

I was SO excited.  Decent, private browsers that still create a comprehensive search result (not slaved via contract to Google) are impossible to find.  With CCleaner's original mandate to remove crap others put onto our systems - who better to come up with one?

So I gladly gave it a try - until I hit the screen that revealed the Microsoft Ownership. OHN.

I'm 60 years old. I have 68,000 hours in front of a screen.  I've worked with and for IT professionals. Even I know that Microsoft is not my friend.  I dumped the new CCleaner browser as fast as I could and was actually sad.

If Piriform can end it's association with the dark side, I will be happy to use it's browser.  But apparently no one there has ever heard of the Massive oops Mission Data Repository in Bluffdale, UT... or the MIIC.  Also, I tried to pay for CCleaner.  It stopped working and became a glitch-filled mess.  I tried to pay for Malwarebytes - same results.  I'd happily pay if the programs worked when I paid for them.

Lose Microsoft already, please.... Google and Microsoft are two of the most evil corporations on the planet.  I can elucidate with multiple examples spanning decades of time. 

• Admin

I note that you posted this 6 times - presumably in error - so I took the liberty of deleting the duplicates.

2 hours ago, DIMOJABE said:

until I hit the screen that revealed the Microsoft Ownership

Could you elaborate on this please?  CCleaner and CCleaner Browser are products of a UK company called Piriform.  We are not owned by Microsoft and have no partnership relationship with them other than to use some Azure cloud services for hosting.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Defraggler - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup

To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.