Cleaning App/Browser Data?

usmantemuri

• Moderators

CCleaner has did that from it's start with the built in default cleaners.

Safe, relatively yes if you only use what's built into CCleaner by default, if you go the power-user route and use other cleaners such as those from the community winapp2.ini from this forum you need to pay attention to if it causes you any issues.

19 hours ago, Andavari said:

CCleaner has did that from it's start with the built in default cleaners.

Safe, relatively yes if you only use what's built into CCleaner by default, if you go the power-user route and use other cleaners such as those from the community winapp2.ini from this forum you need to pay attention to if it causes you any issues.

Thank for the reply, I would like to ask something Should i use inbuilt disk cleanup tool and its also safe for browser data and cleaning the app ?

• Moderators

Windows Disk Cleanup is likely the safest disk cleaning tool, and it doesn't touch third-party browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Chrome/Chromium, etc.

Also unlike allot of third-party cleaning tools such as CCleaner, etc., it doesn't clean MRU items ("recent files list") which are in the registry -- I'm not talking about running the registry cleaner however the MRU's are cleaned using the normal cleaners for programs like Microsoft WordPad, etc.