CCleaner is always losing License Key?!

Jonny0r

Hello,

Two weeks ago i buyed again a CCleaner license.

When i register the Key, then its working, i can update and everything, but a few hours later when i open ccleaner again its back in FREE Mode..

I already de-installed ccleaner and deleted everything what was mentioned in the registry of it, but the problem is still available.

Im using Windows 10 20H2..

Would be nice if somebody would have an idea, because its not nice to pay for something and always get kicked back to free hehe :)

• Moderators

Have you updated to the new version of CCleaner that has been released today?

In Options>About you can now have more control to manage your licences.

I don't know if this may be related to your problem but it is worth a look.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. :)

Yes, i updated to the latest version, he offers me to download the update and 1min later it was back again to free, because he forwarded me to the web page.
I installed the key again and then i worked as it should be.

26-10-_2020_19-27-54.jpg

Just closed it after the screenshot with "X" and again "Back to Free"..

*EDIT: yes, its repeatable, i enter the License key and then its "registered" after i press "X" (not closed only back to task) and when i open again its "Not Registered"

26-10-_2020_19-30-00_1.jpg

Edited by Jonny0r

I started with DEBUG..

CCleaner64_v5.73.8130_2020-10-26_19-46-24-edit.log (Key and Name edited)

*I started, entered my License Key and closed it after checking if the License is complete.

CCleaner64_v5.73.8130_2020-10-26_19-46-47.log

*Started again, License gone.

CCleaner64_v5.73.8130_2020-10-26_19-46-24-edit.log CCleaner64_v5.73.8130_2020-10-26_19-46-47.log

• Moderators

I'm not sure why that is happening. It may be a glitch with the new system.

We have no access to the licensing system here on the forum, so you will have to email support to try and get this resolved.

EDIT - Sorry I forgot to say contact the Licensing/Support team by email to: support@ccleaner.com

In the meantime I will flag this up to the staff.

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Guest Stephen CCleaner

Hi Jonny0r, and thank you for reporting.

This is unintended behaviour, and a member of our team will contact you shortly here on the forums to ask for your license key so we can check this out.

Hi

I am also experiencing this issue. Can someone please contact me too to see if it can be rectified.

To confirm, I have the latest version installed (5.73.8130)

Below shows that I'm activated. However if I close and re-open I have to enter the license key again

image.png.40773157cde2b593b32d85cbc923fa48.png

Thanks

Edited by DazmanUK

Guest MeganCCleaner
12 hours ago, DazmanUK said:

Hi

I am also experiencing this issue. Can someone please contact me too to see if it can be rectified.

To confirm, I have the latest version installed (5.73.8130)

Below shows that I'm activated. However if I close and re-open I have to enter the license key again

image.png.40773157cde2b593b32d85cbc923fa48.png

Thanks

Hi DazmanUK. We're very sorry you are experiencing this issue, and we'll gladly create a new license for you in order to resolve the problem.

Does our support team have permission to contact you via email, using the same email address that is registered to your forums account?

Guest MeganCCleaner
On 26/10/2020 at 13:54, Jonny0r said:

I started with DEBUG..

CCleaner64_v5.73.8130_2020-10-26_19-46-24-edit.log (Key and Name edited)

*I started, entered my License Key and closed it after checking if the License is complete.

CCleaner64_v5.73.8130_2020-10-26_19-46-47.log

*Started again, License gone.

CCleaner64_v5.73.8130_2020-10-26_19-46-24-edit.log 6.57 kB · 2 downloads CCleaner64_v5.73.8130_2020-10-26_19-46-47.log 2.17 kB · 2 downloads

Hi Jonny0r. Thanks for providing the log files as we've been collecting these and we appreciate your help with this.

Our support team will gladly create a new license for you in order to resolve this problem. Can they contact you via email, using he same email address that is registered to your forums account?

Good day,

I'm having the same problem with the registration of my key. I've tried reinstalling a bunch of times but everytime I restard the program I need to register again.

Please contact me as soon as possible on the email adress registered on this forum account.

Thank you and have a great day.

Guest MeganCCleaner
2 hours ago, T van Dee said:

Good day,

I'm having the same problem with the registration of my key. I've tried reinstalling a bunch of times but everytime I restard the program I need to register again.

Please contact me as soon as possible on the email adress registered on this forum account.

Thank you and have a great day.

Thanks for notifying us of this. I'll ask our support team to contact you via email so you should hear from someone soon.

Our email will be sent from support@ccleaner.com.

Guest MeganCCleaner
1 hour ago, bob mauro said:

Same problem here..constant requests to register..can we fix this annoying problem please.

thanks.

Hi Bob, thanks for notifying us of this, and please accept our apologies for any trouble this has caused to you.

We'll create a new license for you in order to resolve this problem, and I'll send you an email now.

• Moderators
17 hours ago, mahendry said:

I am getting the same thing.  Please send a new key.  Thanks

You will have to contact support@ccleaner.com so that they can verify that you do have a valid licence key that isn't working and issue a new one.

Guest johnccleaner
7 hours ago, usmantemuri said:

Hi i humbly request from the staff to fix this issue. Its disturb our office working flow, we can not put the key again and again 

waiting for the improvement 

As noted by Nukecad, please contact support@ccleaner.com so that our support team can verify your existing license and issue you a new one in order to correct this issue. This isn't something that can be taken care of publicly on a forum, as then your license details would be available for everyone to see, and we don't want that. :)

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Alan29 said:

I am having this problem too.

CCleaner asks for the licence key every time I start it.

Please do what is says in the post above yours.

They will sort it out for you.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com