Extension .jp2 EXIST

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Yeah it finds that extension and a whole lot more when registering filetypes in IrfanView. No need to worry about it though as it doesn't break anything whatsoever, and should you ever run into that .jp2 obscure filetype IrfanView will still open it, and if it doesn't the file associations are easy enough to re-register in IrfanView by clicking 'Options->Set file associations'.

• Moderators

After temporarily switching to a different image viewer now I understand the full scale of the issue you're dealing with in that CCleaner will constantly re-detect IrfanView file associations in the Issues scanner even after re-registering them with IrfanView it becomes a vicious endless cycle.

What I did so that it would no longer state the file associations were invalid was to:

Right click the image files on my system (.ico, .bmp, .jpg, etc) and select Open With from the dialog and then choose IrfanView.

Note for .ico files to show the icons and not some plain IrfanView image you can open the registry with Regedit (Start->Run->Regedit) and then browse to:

• HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\IrfanView.ico\DefaultIcon
  • Now double click the path it shows that points to IrfanView.exe and change the default icon Data setting to this so that icons display as per normal: %1

It should look like this after edited in the registry:

irfanview_ico.png