How to prevent Defraggler from Replacing Windows Defragmenter after Install?

How to prevent Defraggler from replacing Windows Defragmenter after already Installed?

Because sometimes I open Windows Defragmenter to see that my SSD's haven't been optimized for days, and I'm suspecting it's because Defraggler is overriding (or conflicting with) the built in Windows Defragmenter. 

BTW, I have Defraggler Pro installed from the CCleaner Pro Bundle.

• Moderators

Windows defragment/optimise is still active and still running, installing Defraggler does not turn it off.

But if you have already run Defraggler then Windows defragment/optimise may well decide that another optimise is not necessary.

It's not that unusual to see that it hasn't optimised for days or even weeks/months, it analyzes on a schedule but only optimises when Windows thinks it is necessary.
I usually run Defraggler weekly and my Windows defragment/optimise hasn't done my C drive since 11/09/2020 (I must have forgotten to run Defraggler that week).

If your computer is not switched on when Windows defragment/optimise is scheduled to analyze then it will simply try again at the next schedule point.
You can change that schedule in Windows defragment/optimise itself.
image.png

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Hey nukecad,

Thanks for the reply!

I already had it set on daily, but how do you choose the time of the day it attempts to trim the SSD's? Do I have to use the Windows task scheduler?

• Moderators

I don't believe that you can specify an actual time for Windows optimiser to run. (But I could be wrong it's not something I've looked at in depth).

AFAIK it will normally run when the computer is on but not being actively used. ('Idle' state). Unless, as in the screenshot above, you have set it to have a higher priority if it's missed 3 scheduled runs because you were not being idle - in which case it will run in the background as you work.

Again though, it will analyze but won't optimise if it's not needed. There no need for Windows to tidy up the disc if Defraggler has already done it.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

Why would you want to run an Optimise every day? There is no way (that I know of) that Defragger, or the SSD controller, knows how 'unoptimised' the SSD is. An Optimise runs a global TRIM, or RETRIM, against all unallocated clusters as identified in the cluster bitmap, whether they have previously been TRIMed or not. Under normal usage the number of unTRIMed clusters should be zero, or close to it.

TRIM is an asynchronous command triggered by file deletion and acts on the deleted file's data clusters. It is queued for low-priority operation. It does not need or send a response. The size of the TRIM queue is limited and in times of high activity some TRIM commands may be dropped. There is no indication that this takes place. Windows Storage Optimiser runs a monthly (default) Optimise to clean up the clusters that have escaped the TRIM on deletion. This RETRIM is run at a granularity that the TRIM queue will never exceed its permitted size and no RETRIM command will be dropped.

There may be some user usage patterns that cause TRIM commands to be dropped, and a more regular RETRIM may be thought beneficial. But unless you think you are one of those users I would just let Windows defragger get on with it.

• 9 months later...

With this you can defraggler prevent to replace windows defrag with defraggler...

Defraggler -> uncheck "replace windows disk defragmenter"

87948284_ScreenShot11-09-19at03_13AM.PNG

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"