New version of defraggler stop showing the pagefile in the drive map.

Guest johnccleaner

We've not been able to reproduce this behavior on multiple Windows 10 computers.

If it's still ongoing, can you please check that there is still a pagefile on that drive? You can find out how to view your virtual memory settings here: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-virtual-memory-size-windows-10 

In the 'Virtual Memory' window, if there's a Paging File Size other than "None" for that drive, then there should be a pagefile.sys. If it is "None", however, then this file would not be present, and Defraggler would indeed be showing the correct information.

If it does look like there should be a pagefile.sys file on that drive, can you please send an email to our support team at support@ccleaner.com with a screenshot of the virtual memory settings and a screenshot of the Defraggler screen demonstrating the issue? We'll be happy to look into the matter further!

5 hours ago, johnccleaner said:

We've not been able to reproduce this behavior on multiple Windows 10 computers.

If it's still ongoing, can you please check that there is still a pagefile on that drive? You can find out how to view your virtual memory settings here: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-virtual-memory-size-windows-10 

In the 'Virtual Memory' window, if there's a Paging File Size other than "None" for that drive, then there should be a pagefile.sys. If it is "None", however, then this file would not be present, and Defraggler would indeed be showing the correct information.

If it does look like there should be a pagefile.sys file on that drive, can you please send an email to our support team at support@ccleaner.com with a screenshot of the virtual memory settings and a screenshot of the Defraggler screen demonstrating the issue? We'll be happy to look into the matter further!

Yes of course.  I've never touched it. I'm a tech myself.  I also have the

• Moderators

Maybe RAM+Virtual Memory related, but it's only obvious if Windows gives a pop-up warning about it. I've seen a similar sounding behavior before on very rare occasions using other defrag software but not Defraggler though, and not in Windows 10. It was caused by doing a full scan with an antivirus while I also was using a too small custom pagefile size instead of letting the system manage it on its own. Sometimes simply shutting down the PC and then turning it on might fix it, especially if the PC hasn't been shut down or rebooted in a long time.

On 06/10/2020 at 12:58, blondeolderguy said:

I'm a tech myself  46 years now. I checked the page file.   I have 8 gig of ram. So I set it to 12g.  Which is 1.5 times greater then the ram as recommended.   I also have the boottime defrag turned on so everytime I boot it defrags the pagefile. I watch it as it goes through the bootup and it checks the pagefile and I see it checking it and defragging if needed. 

Here's a screenshot.

image.thumb.png.863e9e018c7efceab336329ce4a6795c.png

On 06/10/2020 at 12:58, blondeolderguy said:

Yes of course.  I've never touched it. I'm a tech myself.  I also have the

Guest johnccleaner

Can you also provide a screenshot of what's in the Virtual Memory > Change panel? 

While it looks almost certain that those 12GB should be on the C drive, I'd like to verify that just to be sure.

Additionally, would you mind going to the Search tab in Defraggler, checking "Include non-fragmented files" and "Filename contains:", then entering 'pagefile.sys' (or 'pagefile') in that field and performing the search?

It should show the pagefile.sys file in the results (and likely, nothing else) and if you click on it, it should show where on the drive map it's located. 

Also, just as a quick sanity check, can you go to Settings > Drive Map? You would most likely have 'Modern View' selected, but if you have 'Custom View' selected instead, can you go to "Colors" and just verify that the page file item is set to a differentiable color? :) (If it is on Modern View, maybe set it to Original View, click OK, go back, set it back to Modern View, and click OK again just to reset those settings?)