This popped up in my CCleaner browser

Note: Sorry for making the same forum again, I was editing the previous topic to make it clear and it took too long so It wouldn't let me delete it or edit it again.

Hi, today I installed Fire Fox on my computer, when I finished installing, a window on my CCleaner browser popped up and showed me this. I don't know if Fire Fox did this or it was just coincidental timing, whatever the case may be, I have no idea why this happened, can someone tell me what is this and why it appeared randomly?610629388_Screenshot(131).thumb.png.77c14c5f8d0b07213b4380ac89e0bce7.png

Edited by Zacharyboss7000
To be more specific

• Moderators

I've merged your two threads into one and moved it to the ccleaner browser board.  If you have questions about the browser please post in that board (I moved your other thread there too).

I understand that the no edit policy can be frustrating but instead of typing a new thread just reply to the existing one.

As for your issue not sure why ccleaner browser is showing the content of your one drive folder, but doubt it is related to the firefox install.  You should be able to navigate away to any website.  If that is what comes up everytime you open the browser then i'd check what the setting for homepage is set to.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

That kind of thing happens occasionally in any/all browsers, usually simply refreshing the page displays it as it should be.

To be more technical it happens when for some reason the CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) webpage styling is not loaded correctly by the page.
So you just see the 'raw' page with no styling applied, and some of the background coding and other unstyled stuff will be visible.
(The "Index of....." for instance is background stuff that you wouldn't normally see on the styled page).

As said usually a simple page refresh cures it, if not try closing and reopening the browser.
(I find it happens more often on Android than Windows and I usually have to close/re-open the browser on Android).
But if for some reason the CSS is corrupted, missing, or not being called correctly, then it will take action by the page owner to correct the problem.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

Here is a screenshot of one that just happened to me on Android, (sorry it's a bit large) as you can see the "Index of ...." is your first clue to what has happened.
A refresh of the page displayed it correctly.

image.png

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

I see where your coming from nuke, but how do you explain that his/her screenshot is of a local drive as if s/he had the homepage set to a local document which is no longer there.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

I'm not sure why the OPs local OneDrive directory is being displayed (without styling) as a browser page.
Maybe the Firefox install had put something in OneDrive that the CCleaner browser was trying to display?
When you install Firefox as the default browser it usually opens a welcome webpage.
So if the OP had not made Firefox the default during the install then perhaps tried to open whatever browser was the default, in this case CCleaner Browser.

But the local directory is certainly being displayed (without styling) in a browser, with the pathname in the address bar.

I can do that manually in Firefox and the styled page is displayed as the screenshot below.

The main difference I can see in the pathname is the tripple slash in my Firefox as opposed to a pipe it the OPs screenshots.
But that could just be a difference between how the browsers display the pathnames of local directories in the address bar?

image.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Just for completeness, here is an example of when a forum pages CSS fails to load on Windows:
image.png

Here's the same section with the CSS correctly loaded following a page refresh:
image.png