Recovered Word docs and jpegs won't open properly

G290920

Hi

I've been using Recuva to recover files from a USB I'd formatted by mistake. Results came up with a red, yellow or green dot but I only tried recovering the green ones. The sound files work perfectly, but the Word and pdf's don't. When I open a doc created with Word 2000, instead of a page full of words appearing on the screen, all I get is a page full of symbols. If I try to open jpegs (actually document scans I imported from the scanner with Photoshop), all I get is a blank rectangle the size the image should be. I've tried to open the files on the PC I created them with, and on my laptop, and I get the same result.

The green dot should mean these files are fully recovereable (ie: not corrupted), so what is happening here? A friend told me the files might need some conversion software to make them show up properly, but I'm a newbie so I don't know how to go about doing this.

I'd be very grateful for any advice.

• 1 month later...

I  can't give you the answer because i have axectly the same problem. I seem to  have saves al i wanted to bit i can not open a image, jpg and more, i get an error message that tis type of file is not supported. Opening a text document i get the same results as you have. I see you posted 2 months ago and no one answered. Damn