CCleaner appears to randomly shut down

Boldee

Guest MeganCCleaner
20 hours ago, Andres Lara said:

Hello,

I've replied to it since you sent the email.

Thanks for letting us know of how you've replied via the email correspondence. I'll notify our support team of this and you should receive a response soon.

• 2 months later...
  • Admin

@Andres Lara: Please see here: 

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

• 1 month later...

I think I will throw my hat into this ring as well. I am running CCleaner Professional ver. 5.77 on three machines. There is absolutely no problem on two of them, but on the third, a Dell G7 7700 with an I7 processor and 32 gig of memory, it appears in the System Tray at boot, but immediately unloads. The icon remains, but it the cursor passes over it, the icon disappears. Task Manager indicates that Ccleaner is not operational. If I later start Ccleaner, it seems to load and operate fine. There is something quirky here as it worked fine in the past, but something changed in February.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, schmieg said:

it appears in the System Tray at boot, but immediately unloads. The icon remains, but it the cursor passes over it, the icon disappears. Task Manager indicates that Ccleaner is not operational. If I later start Ccleaner, it seems to load and operate fine. There is something quirky here as it worked fine in the past, but something changed in February.

1. The icon appearing briefly at startup (and the brush flashing on and off when cleaning) and then dissapearing once the clean has completed is what is supposed to happen if you have selected 'Launch the CCleaner app each time the computer starts' in Options>Settings.

The icon remaining in the tray (not flashing) is what is supposed to happen if you have either, or both:
  2. 'Keep CCleaner Automatically updated' selected in Options>Updates.
  3. if you have any part of Smart Cleaning enabled.

So the question is what do you have those 3 things set to?

It's Windows that actually decides if the icon should be there or not, and there was a slight issue when Automatic cleaning was first introduced to CCleaner Free where the Windows Task Scheduler got a bit confused for a few users with certain computer setups, it affected one or two Pro users as well.
There is a fairly simple fix for that.

But your issue sounds slightly different to that one,
From what you describe it sounds as if CCleaner is cleaning at boot but Windows is not closing the icon when CCleaner has finished - until you cursor over the icon and Windows realises it shouldn't be there.
So the answer to what your setting are for those 3 things is the first step to working out just what may be happening.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043