CCleaner duplicates all items on selection window

dustinc

This has been a recent bug. I'm not sure what version in which it began because it has persisted through several versions. It occurs on all sections in both the 'Windows' tab as well as the 'Applications' tab.

The weirdest part is that the bug does not always occur. I can exit, reopen, and it persists, or I can exit, reopen, and it doesn't persist - it is very random. I have attached a sample screenshot.

CCleaner duplication bug.PNG

• Moderators

Yes, we all see that double entry thing now and again and it is seemingly random.

We used to see the same entry on two consecutive lines (so for example you would get 2 'Internet Cache' on adjoining lines). - Unlike your screenshot which is repeating the same list twice.
I guess that change means that the developers are working on it but haven't pinned down what is causing it yet?

It makes no real difference to the cleaning, it's just a display glitch.

(My own thought, which may be wrong, is that it only started happening when Health Check was rolled out so may be  a related display glitch).

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

FWIW -- I was just going to post on this and yes, it is random.  What's interesting, in the Windows tab, I get each list repeated as in the OP's screenshot.  However, in the Applications tab, I get each entry on two consecutive lines as mentioned by @nukecad.  I'd provide a screenshot of that but, haha, it just disappeared.  Doesn't seem to be hurting anything.  BTW -- I'm on the latest free version and I don't recall seeing this on the previous version -- but I could be wrong.  Could this have something to do with Windows 10 2004 (it does have some bugs) or am I barking up the wrong tree?  

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Andavari said:

The bug started back in CCleaner v5.64:

Which was when Health Check was rolled out to all users, hence my suspicion that there could be a link.

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Thanks everyone for the additional info!

It definitely sounds like Health Check is linked. I've never set up, or used Health Check, so it is one of those features that wasn't suspicious to me originally. One feature that I thought might be related was that CCleaner, at some point, added CCleaner cookies to the excluded list of cookies by default, but when I removed that entry from the list this problem continued.

• Moderators

As we say it's been reported so will be on a fixlist, but as it's just display glitch (an intermittent one at that) and doesn't affect anything functional it's probably a very low priority to track down and fix what is causing it.