Auto crashes (w/o splash screen) on macOS 11 Beta 4 and 5

gobucks821

Hello,

The product stopped working in macOS Big Sur (OS 11) Beta 4 and continues in 5. On opening the application, it immediately closes. Sometimes but not everytime, a crash report is triggered. I've attached the most recent crash report from about 8:55 am ET on Sun, 08/23/2020. Notably, the lower dock *usually* shows a light shining under the app's icon, indicating it's open; but this does not always happen–sometimes it crashes too soon for macOS to even indicate it's open by placing the light under its icon.

I've tried downloading and reinstalling to no avail (software was up-to-date already, but I tried in case): version x570 / 1.17.603. No other known resolutions nor causes. CleanMyMac works fine, as do nearly all other apps in this OS build.

CCleaner_Error-Report_macOS-11_2020-08-23.txt

• Moderators

The usual answer will be that Beta versions of OS/software are not supported. (It's the same with Windows insider betas).

It is possible/probable that things in a beta will be changed before final release, so developers of other software don't chase after those changes until they make it into the full release.

The recent Firefox database change was an example, the CCleaner developers knew about it but didn't change CCleaner until the change made it out if the FFx beta and into the full release.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• 2 months later...