a new security product(technology)

wgan

No security is 100% effective.(except maybe my clone on an unhooked drive) :)

I've used Sandboxie for quite a while now and have found it to to be very effective in stopping any inet borne malware.

You need to give it a bit of time to learn the ins and outs which really isn't that hard.

As with a lot of apps some users do have probs.

Sandboxie is a one man show and the author is a decent fella in being more than willing to help with any probs in his forum to which I have posted a few times.(Oneder)

Haven't tried any of the other virtualization apps so can't comment on how they perform.

Here is a post over at Spywarewarriors on some of these apps with links.

Posting

This is how I think security apps work.Please correct me if I'm wrong.

AV's and AS use blacklists to find any malware,meaning the malware must have an entry in their database to be detected.These can be huge with the likes of Ewido having over 200,000.

Virtualisation apps use no lists and any and all malware are supposedly contained within the virtual zone.Sandboxie,Bufferzone,Velite to name a few.

Then you have the whitelist scanners which only have entries of allowed or trusted processes which you control and everything else is treated as if they are on a blacklist.

Some of these whitelist apps also use virtualisation to run untrusted process.Defensewall is one I know of.

Anyway I'm starting to get confused myself but I think they sorta work along those lines. :unsure: