ccleaner recent files

hsl

• Moderators
6 hours ago, nukecad said:

If I remember correctly I originally turned it off in the reg editor.

That might be what's causing it on your system. On my system it shows the Recent Files List and none of the cleaning tools built into Windows will remove that list I've tried Disk Cleanup and Storage Sense and both leave it intact.

Exactly as Hazelnut has stated CCleaner always removes the Recent File List, it doesn't matter if it's enabled or disabled in CCleaner it just removes the list, although I'm on a now old version CCleaner v5.63 so I can't say what the newest CCleaner version does. It's probably why I always thought the Recent Files List was broken in Win10 ever since I started using the OS in 2018, I could never find the list which was likely CCleaner removing it the whole time - although Microsoft did place it in a very piss poor location in my opinion.

Guest Sandra CCleaner

Hi @hsl, thanks for reaching out to our community. Our QA team has confirmed that its being cleaned by the taskbar jumplists rule as expected. Please do reach out to our support team on support@ccleaner.com with any questions and queries. 

ok after i've unchecked that option it stops delete them .
i thougth that it uses the recent documents option thats also unchecked, i think that makes more sense recent documents to this part because its not related with taskbar....

• Moderators

Maybe Quick Access is considered akin to the Taskbar in the MS devolpers scheme of things?

If you think about it both do give quicker access to launch things so it may make sense overall.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators
On 03/09/2020 at 12:15, nukecad said:

Maybe Quick Access is considered akin to the Taskbar in the MS devolpers scheme of things?

If you think about it both do give quicker access to launch things so it may make sense overall.

It would be better if they only removed things from that area with a one cleaning entry instead of two in CCleaner, and if it was named accordingly for what and where it cleans, i.e.; Quick Access. That's why on Win10 for 2 years and 2 months I had no "recent documents" and didn't know why so I always thought it was broken in Win10, I'm so used to not having it that I had turned on to keep the MRU list in my chosen text editor as a work around.

That kind of clean it twice with two cleaners needs to be corrected, and in my opinion this topic being in the Bug Reporting area is oh so very appropriate!