CCLEANER "Applications"

Tosca

Hello --

Not sure if this is the right spot to post, but I'd like an explanation of what CCLEANER does re the "Applications" section - certainly, it doesn't delete the checked off applications (or does it?) So what does it actually clean up?

Thanks a lot --- Tosca

all of those that are checked are what ccleaner cleans out.

it doesnt actually delete those programs.

if you want to see what will be deleted, analyze before you do a scan.

Hello --

Not sure if this is the right spot to post, but I'd like an explanation of what CCLEANER does re the "Applications" section - certainly, it doesn't delete the checked off applications (or does it?) So what does it actually clean up?

Thanks a lot --- Tosca

Please read this....

http://forum.ccleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=1504

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

Hello --

Thanks a lot --- Tosca

lets assume that you install CCleaner on C:

browse to C:\Program Files\CCleaner and open winapp.ini and winapp2.ini if you have using notepad (or other application of your choice). from there, you will find everything CCleaner cleans under "Applications".

--==aGumon==--

Hello --

Thanks a lot --- Tosca

Doesn't delete absolutely the checked applications, but only the "crap" (CCleaner = Crap Cleaner :) )

regarding those applications. E.g. the MRU Lists (List of recent used files).

Italian (cause i'm the italian translator of Ccleaner):

Non cancella affatto le applicazioni, ma solo i file superflui e/o considerati pericolosi per la privacy,

creati da quelle applicazioni. Per es. le MRU List (che sono gli elenchi dei file aperti di recente, che

vengono memorizzati dai vari programmi e compaiono nei loro menu).

Ciao ;)

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy

Thanks to all - Of course, I always do "Analyze" and review the items but except for some obviously ok entries (temps, e.g.), I wanted some assurance that I wouldn't be getting rid of profiles, for example, that would have to be resetup.

Thanks to Woody - that's exactly the link I wanted - too much of this idiotic "multi-tasking" and never enough time to do anything well, it seems.

Thanks too to aGumon - will use that tip. And thanks to the Italian translator (using Ciao as a nickname?) from this Italian-American for the information and the Italian - what a use to put that lovely language!

Tosca

What? I don't get any thanks! :(

:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by TwistedMetal

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

Thanks for that. I just have no idea how to use the quotes correctly ! :)

Would someone please put me out of my misery and explaiin the quoting system to me ? I know how to quote the whole post with "reply" and I know how to bypass all quotes with "add reply", But how do I selectively quote? Sorry about this but I have a stored-up fund of these dumb questions. :P

Would someone please put me out of my misery and explaiin the quoting system to me ?
I know how to quote the whole post with "reply" and I know how to bypass all quotes with "add reply", But how do I selectively quote?
Sorry about this but I have a stored-up fund of these dumb questions.

fast reply, highlight the text you want to quote and click add selected text as quote.

fast reply, highlight the text you want to quote and click add selected text as quote.

Thank you.